2002 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Third Time Around!
By XCalifGal on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I should be a "poster child" for Dodge Grand Caravans. I just purchased a 2002 Grand Caravan SE Sport--my third Grand Caravan in 14 years! In search of a replacement after 9 years, I test drove SUVS, other vans, and station wagons for a year before deciding that I couldn't happily survive without the roon, comfort, drive, and dependability of a Grand Caravan. I must say that there have been strides made in the handling and ride of the Grand Caravan since 1994! Here's to another 145K miles!

love it
By york on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

just fun to drive and room for everyone and everything.

Best yet
By firesocks on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When you sit down and compare apples to apples the Dodge Boy's end up on top. Something that the neh sayers need to take into consideration is the Diamler effect put into these van's. Fine German engineering is quite evident in the interior. Fit and finish excellent. Would never opt for retractable rear seat unless the split 50/50 rear could retract individualy.

The Best Minivan- For a Reason
By nomoreodysseyforme on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Dodge Grand Caravan is the best minivan, period. And if you're thinking Odyssey, think of this: Three months ago, we bought an Odyssey EX that gave 3 problems in the 2 months of ownership. We traded it in for a Grand Caravan eX, and LOVE it! NO mechanical problems. The G.C. cost $4000 less, and comes with MORE features! The power liftgate and doors are so useful with the kids, and the sound system quality is incredible, and it can search for different types of music (jazz, pop, etc.) This van has 20 more cubic feet of room compared to the Honda, it drives 10 times better and is 10 times quieter. P.S: The only van with no soccer mom stigma.

The Big blue Van
By elmo on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So now I'm 30- something w/ 2 kids; so now I have a van. Well, i must say that the Dodge Grand Caravan is a really cool van, as van's can be. The van has all the features(except a C/D player) we wanted and was exaclty priced at what we wanted and could afford to pay for a van. The cool thing is that the Grand Caravan is the cheaper priced- just as nice cousin of the Chrysler Town and Country.

Rent to Buy
By Vegasrenie on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the pleasure of driving a Grand Caravan Sport for the past week and have fallen in love with it. I have been minivan-shopping for quite some time and needed a big vehicle for the week. I returned the Chevy Astro van because it handled like a brick. The Dodge has been perfect ... as fun to drive as a small car, easy to park, good gas mileage, great fit/finish, wonderful stereo, etc., etc. I was truly surprised and pleased at the quality. This may surplant either the Toyota or Mazda I had been planning to buy. My kids are grown and gone, but I need a grandma's station wagon. This may be it.

Good Buy - No Hassles
By StL Convert on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently purchased this van. FIrst time van owner. Good product, excellent value and dealership. Would suggest all you looking at vans to consider the features available in this van compared to the others, dollar for dollar.

Love My Grand Caravan ES!
By charlesk32 on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan ES AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had van 3 months, replacing '00 Chrysler T&C LXi. Super comfortable on lengthy trips - with plenty of storage space. Gas mileage at this juncture a little less than the prev Chrysler - getting ~23 MPG on the highway and ~13 around town (very hilly), but performance is peppier. Purchased AWD for handling in winter driving conditions. Better looking van than the competition, IMHO, but actually a slight drop in preferred appearance from the '00 model. Great performance and cornering ability for a van of this size and high center of gravity.

Grand Caravan Quality?
By Texas-Tall on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan eX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In general, we have enjoyed owning Chrysler mini-vans. The features, ride, power and handling have always been good. The reliabilty of our original 1992 Grand Caravan is what led us to buy Dodge again. Unfortunately, in September of 2001, eight months after purchase and several other major repairs, the control panel cluster and control module on our 2001 Grand Caravan failed. It was replaced by Dodge with a 2002 Grand Caravan EX under Texas Lemon Laws. The replacement has been fine til now, when the control panel cluster and control module have failed again! I'm concerned that there may be a manufacturing issue with those components.

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!
By t-bird on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

just purchased and the main selling point to me was the price. got everything I wanted except for the entertainment system (but will be buying that soon) and saved over $8K on a comparable Honda Odyssey. Inside is spacious and with 2 small children, it really helps. i would reccommend this car to anybody!!!!!!!