2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Lackluster
By wwl on 07/07/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it new and wanted to comment when I saw that several reviews had noted problems with the replacing the brakes at fairly low miles. I have also had to replace the front brakes on this vehicle at 38,000 miles (pads and rotors). There was no warning that these brakes needed replaced until one of the rotors warped. I kept asking the dealer to check them and they always told me that they were fine. Funny how now that the van is just out of warranty that they need replaced. Typical MOPAR quality.

there are no problems to Dodge
By fan of Grand Caravan on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a new Dodge Grand Caravan for about $20,000, with the key fob. It is clearly the best minivan. The only options aside of the standard features were the Power Convenience Group, Deluxe Convenience Group, CD player with cassette, and Rear Window Defroster. This van has many great features like the cupholders, stereo, and excellent air conditioning. The fuel economy is also great for a van. I fail to see why this van's twin (Town & Country) placed only fourth in Edmunds' Minivan Comparison Test.

'96 Plymouth Grand Voyager
By Tim Johnson on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a '96 Grand Voyager (same as Grand Caravan). The transmission blew at 60k and now with 130k its begining to slip. But I must admit is has served us well. You get good power out of the 3.3L V6. Lots of room, VERY comfortable ride.