2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Wish I never bought this car
By Jen on 12/14/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've spent over $8,000 in engine repairs & maintenance the 5+ years that I've owned this car. Unfortunately, I've had endless mechanical problems and the car has litterally spent weeks in the shop over the 5+ years, meaning that I had to pay for a rental car out of pocket, while van was being repaired. I wish I never bought this car. I wish I would have gone for the Honda Odessey or the Toyota Sierra instead for a van. It frustrating dealing with the local Dodge Dealer for repairs, as they don't seem to value the customer's time enough. On the positive side, the interior of the Caravan is nice enough and comfortable for my family of 4--but my mechanical problems outweighed this.

My $.02
By Greg on 02/02/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has the potential to be awesome! It drives great, handles well, and hauls all the kidd-o's with room to spare for all the extras. The integrated child seats are the best! Here's where my enthusiasm ends... The first transmission was replaced at 35K miles.Other failed items include the idler pulley on the serpentine fanbelt, front brake replacment at 45K, Front wheelbearing failure at 50K, Power steering pump failure at 50K, second transmission shifting hard into 1st on deceleration at 50K. Several recalls have been issued on this van. Dodge not covering much of anything on the extended warranty... So much for a certified used vehicle

Love that Dodge Van!
By Badger Red Blood on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I are in our 50's, the kids are gone, and this is the 1st Caravan we have owned. We should have had one years ago! We replaced a Pontiac Bonneville with this van, and love the convienence, comfort and versatility of this vehicle. We will replace it with another Dodge Grand Caravan.

The Big blue Van
By elmo on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So now I'm 30- something w/ 2 kids; so now I have a van. Well, i must say that the Dodge Grand Caravan is a really cool van, as van's can be. The van has all the features(except a C/D player) we wanted and was exaclty priced at what we wanted and could afford to pay for a van. The cool thing is that the Grand Caravan is the cheaper priced- just as nice cousin of the Chrysler Town and Country.