2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
No Regrets - Still Love It after 8 Years
By Scotty on 04/17/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ordered new with lower (cloth) trim level, added roof rack, power rear gate, touring suspension, traction control, and steering audio controls. Absolutely love the model; all (even teens) enjoy driving it and don't want to sell. Outstanding interstate/trip vehicle but uneconomical around town. No major repairs but lots of $400 types (power doors, power steering, rust at rear wheel wells, power windows). Annoying dash LED back lights have failed so we are in the dark for console controls (but not displays). Automatic HVAC controls are poor design, wish they were just sliding manual controls. Engine performance, handling, and ride are great. Also very utilitarian with all seats out.

Actually like it
By d. mierau on 08/12/09 00:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded a 2002 model with a 3.3 in it.Used ES model came to dealer with 10,000 km on it Old guy owned it, to big for him to park. He had put a gold warranty plan on it. Even paid all oil changes. I really like the power and good in ice and slush with ice radials. Have just had very miner problems, all fixed on warranty.Don't use it enough, should sell it, but like to drive it. Only has 60,000 kms. on it(37,000)miles. I suppose I'll have nothing but trouble now that I brag about it.

Love to Hate
By John on 11/16/08 20:16 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this off the showroom floor with 10 miles on it. It drove very well, but on the drive home we noticed a problem with the back taillight wirering.Fixed. Then, noisy side doors. Road noise is not fun to listen to. After 7 years and 80000 miles not unsatisfied, just a little unhappy what we have to live with. We had a flat and the aluminum rim isn't straight anymore, mileage and a wobble is still a bummer. New waterpump, tuneup, but no major costs. I am noticing a slower startup and going down road the tack jumps, maybe fuel fiter. The plastic is wearing but the seats are still well made, leather. I will look at this each time I buy from now on. Outside paint is still looking good.

Cruising in a Caravan
By J.D. on 12/18/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ample features like heated seats, CD/cassette options w/steering wheel controls and power tailgate boost its appeal. The 17" shiny chrome wheels add a sporty flair. Transmission is a little jerky at times from 1st to 2nd gear. Fuel evaporator hoses have been causing check engine light to come on. Replaced 2 hoses in less than a year. Comfortable ride and plenty of power.

Great van, great space, great power.
By tunnaman on 12/11/04 11:23 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this van after owning Astro, Lumina, Aerostar, Windstar, and short Caravan. The space is wonderful and the power is suprising for something so big. I really dislike the blindspots and the road/wind noise at 75mph. I've averaged between 19.4 and 20.5 for my all purpose driving. I have a heavy foot, so I have been plesantly suprised with the mileage. I've had a series of quality frustrations like the side door gasket became compressed and noisy. The dealer replaced it. The PS cooler mount has a broken weld so every time I close a door it sounds like a penny in soup can. The dealer is charging me $390 to get it fixed.

Best yet
By firesocks on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When you sit down and compare apples to apples the Dodge Boy's end up on top. Something that the neh sayers need to take into consideration is the Diamler effect put into these van's. Fine German engineering is quite evident in the interior. Fit and finish excellent. Would never opt for retractable rear seat unless the split 50/50 rear could retract individualy.

Good Buy - No Hassles
By StL Convert on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently purchased this van. FIrst time van owner. Good product, excellent value and dealership. Would suggest all you looking at vans to consider the features available in this van compared to the others, dollar for dollar.

es eval
By saekat on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So Far so good. Mie is a 2001 but same thing as no changes were made. My wife "loves it." We have all the option xept DVD/video. It came with 7/100K warranty on powertrain and tranny,3/36 for all else.