2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: The van likes the shop more th

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The van likes the shop more than me
By PT on

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this vehicle but it spends too much time in the shop. Too many issues (window motor, door motor, AC, radio, trans) to mention here but the high end extended warranty 7 yr/100K mile was worth it. We received $8-10K worth of work via the warranty. It has a sports handling package & rides well but with some noise. We take this to FL from DC every year. Interior is nice, somewhat plasticky but solid. Exterior is very sporty & one of the nicer looking vans on the road. I enjoyed the van but even with the warranty, it sucked the life out of me going back & forth to the dealer. We replaced it with a Sienna. This was our 3rd Chrysler, don't buy one without a warranty.

The handling, the stereo system and the sporty look.

Overall build quality. This vehicle's folder of service tickets is outrageous. It was one thing after another. Enough! Build a better product, use better quality parts and put it together with greater care.