Fantastic Family Vehicle
By J Max on
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
Bought used at 41,000. Do about 20,000 a year. Currently at 121,000. Wow is all I can say. Except for a rusted through coolant pipe (damaged when hit by rock kicked up underneath) $0.00 in repairs. Maintenance so far; 1 tune-up at 100,000 brakes and tires at 25,000 and 60,000 intervals. I'm not easy on this. It's my daily driver, 50 mile RT commute in bumper to bumper traffic, all types of weather with Snow & Ice. Never a problem. Great control, Comfortable seats, Fantastic stereo, As good as any import. Tranny shifts Perfect, engine still like new, no loss of oil or coolant. Runs quiet Starts quick every time. Lots of room for dad, mom, 4 teenagers and our stuff. Interior still like new
Favorite Features
Handling is very tight, Sound System is outstanding, Comfortable Seats, Anti-Lock brakes are excellent, Build Quality is top notch. Roof rack works great when moving kids to college.
Suggested Improvements
More interior storage compartments (It would be tough to add these in the limited space available), Better Fuel economy - My Areostar AWD with a larger engine beats this by about 3 mpg.