2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
the best van ever
By dodge awd on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

dodge built the first minivan, and have continued to improve them and i believe has perfected it throught the years, reading the other ones on here, these always a bad apple in a batch, and maybe you got one, but over all they are the best looking, most advanced, and just the best van hands down.

01 Grand Caravan Sport- no fun to drive
By Ken V on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After leasing a 98 Grand Caravan and loving it, I made the huge mistake of leasing this 01 without a test drive. This is an AWFUL vehicle- wallows on roads, no pickup, especially with the air on- and oh, by the way, the car's been back at the dealer three times for AC problems and still isn't fixed. The beast gets hot inside with no air! Average mileage less the 15 mpg. If you have an older Grand Caravan, keep it!

Great Van
By G. roy on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rides awesome! did not think that you could beat the rided of my Ford Windstar --- I was wrong.

Third Caravan, Best Yet
By Moog on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Except for the chintzy middle-quad-seat cupholders, this is the most solidly-built minivan I've ever driven. The Sport package w/rear discs and the 16-inch tires makes for great handling, and the ride is luxury-car all the way to 85 MPH. Power liftgate comes in handy more often than I had thought it would. Dynamite truck.

nice car for kids
By bubba on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

figure it out...you have kids? you NEED a minivan. This is a nice one.

Good Buy
By JPowell on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 6-cylinder Grand Caravan in summer of '91, after plenty of research. Great van for a young family (2 adults, 2 kids). Recommend the 6- cylinder with luggage rack. Pros: Driver and passenger comfort are excellent. 6-cylinder provides plenty of power (test drove the 4-banger too...a bit of a dog). Drives like a large car, very smooth with enough pep for passing. Cons: One recall to replace side door latch (handled very efficiently by dealer). Removable seats are very heavy...not a one-person task. Because of this, we avoid removing the seats and use the luggage rack instead.

America's Ultimate Family Vehicle
By Glenn and Cindy on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I must admit it was hard to move into the group of mini-van owners, but since doing so my wife and I are pleased. After researching our options, we settled on purchasing a Dodge Grand Caravan. Sure, we could have spent thousands more for the Odyssey or Sienna, but Dodge met our needs...and, we have money left over! So far, we have been extremely satisfied with the vehicle's performance, comfort, reliability and design. The fuel economy isn't great, just average (18 mpg for city driving). The Dodoge Grand Caravan, so far, is our recommendation for mini-van buyers. Our only request, add the hide-a-way third row seats.

I'm happy!!
By Bern on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well. Peppy and really holds the road.(AWD) Gas mileage is 23-24 highway and 20 around town. I do not have a lead foot nor am I a rabbit starter.Love the electric doors and tailgate. I have carried 3 4x8 plywood with the tailgate closed!! The seats come out fairly easily for me (65 and slightly arthritic). I sold a fully loaded Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer to buy this.It was not even a year old and I took quite a beating on the trade. I couldn't take the 12-14 mpg I was getting. Not sorry a year later. Easy entry too. The only thing I don't like is the very short throw of regular beams at night. The car is lower than any of the trucks I owned previously.

What a difference a few years makes!
By Badgermama on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan is a huge improvement over the older minivans. The ride is extremely smooth, you can barely feel any road bumps; there is very little engine noise, and the gas mileage is excellent (we're getting 26 highway/18 city). We love the look and styling of the newer vans (ours is dark garnet red) and the alloys really help to make a sharp statement. This is our first van with quad seats and our 2 boys love them--no fighting for their own seats anymore. We would highly recommend this van for anyone, especially a family who has had the older minivans in the past. You won't believe what an improvement they are.

just bought
By edel on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan ES Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a new left over 2001 ES GC. It has too many options to mention and I think I got it for a good deal of $28K. MSRP was $35.5 new. So far so good. We tried the 2002 MPV and Odyssey and the Dodge appears to give best bang for buck