Used 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Good Looking Van
By Julie

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

If you need a van, I like ours. We've had this for about 3 years. No problems except power window went out on passenger side. Average mpg 20 plus. Power is good, enough get up and go. I think it's the sportiest van around.

Body style, roomy, reliable

Even better mileage

Family Passenger for All around Purpose
By Bob Eskridge

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving our Sport Caravan is perfect for short and long trips. Comfort is exceptional with 12 year old twins. Maintenance has been minimal and gas mileage averages around 16 in town and 20 on highway.

Split middle seat arrangement, visibility, overall performance.

No negative comments.

So..so minivan
By mom of 2 boys

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car was a year old when I purchased it. It is great on long drives because of the room. I have several dents in the rear bumper because of the difficulty to see behind. The car was good for the first couple of years, but now is experiencing major mechanical problems. I wish the seats would "stow and go" easier. The third row is a pain to remove.

Love the electric side door and the divided captain seats.

Well...
By qtkime

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my van when I bought it. i rode well and was fun, not horrible gas mileage, either. Then in 2003 it was struck by lightning and completely killed the computer. Never have gotten all the bugs out. After that, nothing has been the same. The air conditioner died. There's this horrible noise in the front end and nobody can tell me what's wrong. It's falling apart everywhere. It coud be that my kids are just wild children and need to be in the zoo, but that has nothing to do with how bad it's running. Even the gas mileage has gone to the toilet, 19 mpg on the highway. Nobody can tell me what's wrong there either.

It really is fun to drive. I think if it hadn't been electrocuted, it would have lasted longer, maybe

I'm not the only Caravan owner who has heard that noise in the front end, and then there's that nifty blind spot.

Lots of problems
By babsinga

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We got this used with 24,000 on it. At 80,000 the transmission went out at 5:45 one morning on the way to work. At 90,000 the AC went out. Also replaced the window motor, 3 sets of rotors, and now it is making suspension noises and power steering pump noises. It is one thing after another. I've spent $4000 on major repairs in the past 3 years, far less than the dealer would have charged though, because I know a good mechanic. Keep in mind, this is only a 5 year old vehicle that was $28000 to start with. It is not a reliable vehicle, but it drives well and has plenty of room, which is why we got it. Just find a good mechanic and save up some money for repairs. You will need both.

Cargo room. Nice CD player.

Get the mechanical problems under control or you will not get any more repeat customers. My sister's, neighbor's and employee's Caravans also lost their transmissions right after the warranty expired. I will think twice before getting another one.