2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Epitaph for a minivan

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Epitaph for a minivan
By 70dave on

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

Bought this van for my wife to drive and as our family car. My wife has really enjoyed the van and I must admit it looks pretty good for a minivan with the rear spoiler and the alloy wheels. It even handles pretty good. We have three teenagers and the van has served the purpose well of transporting us with adequate leg room. I am 6,2" and it is not at all comfortable for the driver. There is nowhere to put your left leg due to the wheel hump. As of last week van had approx. 120,000 miles and was serviced regularly. I added transmission fluid all the time due to tranny leak so the fluid was always fresh. Same for power steering fluid and coolant. Crashed last week w/no air bags deployed. Bye van.

easy access to oil drain plug and filer. Has to replace starter, easy to get to. Room for seven and still room for luggage.

Better braking. Thank goodness for those ABS brakes.I hit the vehicle in front of us with the wheels rolling instead of skidding (my first wreck in 28 yrs of driving). Those Chrysler v-6s do have only three spark plugs, right? Any more than $100 damage and its totaled.