2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
A Pleasure to Drive
By Ted on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This van is a pleasure to drive, especially on long trips. First, you sit up high for a good view of the road. Second, the seats are very comfortable even with manual seat adjustments. Third, it moves smoothly along at highway speeds of 75+ mph, even in the Rocky Mountains. It also is fine in the city and useful for hauling furniture, building supplies and kids.

A Pleasure to Drive
By ted on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The wife's car
By RKister on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Excellent handling, good acceleration. Poor A/C-cool but not cold-needs bigger fan. Seats very comfortable. Second row difficult and heavy to remove and needs fore & aft adjustments. Third row seat best left in place or have help to move. Has been very reliable. Took on cross country trip and was very please with storage and room for the kids. Excellent road car. Short turn radius, easy to park. I like Fords and rented a Ford Van but preferred the Dodge over- all.

I will not buy a fourth one!!!
By marcus4e on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This is my 3rd Grand Caravan. It is the best design and ride of all minivans we have tried. However, Chrysler quality sucks. I am already having front end problems at 48K miles. Interior stuff is falling apart. I expect to have the same air conditioning and valve problems under 70K miles as I did on the first 2. Why buy a third one you ask? Because it is the only one with the best ride and best interior size for a minivan and with a large family of 6 I needed that. They have a great concept, but very poor execution after marketing it for 17 years.

GET A HONDA MINIVAN
By dENNY on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan 4dr Minivan

I will never buy a dodge, chrysler, or jeep,again. The caravan's are no good I can't see why everone has one.I had many problem with the grand caravan, I had to get the brake replaced 3 time's and 2 time's replacing transmission.YOU CAN TELL HOW CHEAP IT's MADE BECAUSE THE DODGE SIGN FELL OFF THE HOOD. I MADE A BIG MISTAKE TRADING MY 1998 FORD WINDSTAR FOR A GRAND CARAVAN.

It's Good but Thirsty
By thosdd on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This is a fine piece of work. The only complaint is the LOUSY mpg. I getting 16 to 17 mpg. This is not what the spec. sheet said. Other than that this van is very comfortable.

After 40,000 miles we still love it!
By Alan_D on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Our Grand Caravan has 40,000 miles on it after 2 years. It has performed very well over that period with only routine maintenance. For a large'ish van it handles very well and has decent acceleration (we have the 3.8L). I've been generally pleased with the gas mileage. We've averaged 19.5 mpg around town and 25 mpg on trips - and that is with an average of 5 to 6 people in it.

It's Not Good
By big kev on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

We love the way the van drives and handles - like a car. Very convenient features but no power doors. The biggest problem has been the transmission - two trans gasket replacements so far at 35k. Power steering problems too.

good
By PERLA RIVERA on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

i had a good experiance so far

The bigger engine makes a difference
By dwolf on 03/03/02 18:54 PM (PST)

I highly suggest getting the 3.8L engine. It has soooo much more torque