2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
By MEC on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan AWD

My second grand caravan, first AWD. Purchased AWD due to rear disc brake option, after this experience I would only buy with all wheel disc brakes. I have had some warranty items that concern me, overall ownership experience has been solid, van still quite, very, very comfortable, features and size still acceptable after 3 years. Wanted to buy Honda, just put off by supply demand $$ and dealer poor treatment. Told dealer if I can test drive an S500 Mercedes, then I will test drive Honda before purchase, he said no, I bought a Dodge.

think twice before buying Dodge Caravan
By Chris & Shannon on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

for the most part the van is nice but it was our second new dodge caravan and we had problems with both, the main reason that we purchased the caravan was because of price. With both carvans 1999 & 2000 AWD Sports we had trouble with the transmittion and electrial problems,Once the caravan hit 20,000 miles it started going down hill fast! we are now looking to buy another van but this time we will buy a used honda odssey 1999 or 2000. I would never advise anyone to buy a Dodge Carvan, lease hmmmmmm, well maybe! Good luck hope my experience will help you make a better choice.........

Lemon
By Suzer on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

We had nothing but problems with this vehicle since purchasing it. I have a file about 2 inches thick of service invoices. Fortunately, everything was covered by the warranty (when it ran out, we ditched it). Daimler Chrysler would not admit it was a lemon. The worst part...not having a car. Problems included: Steering column replaced 3 times, steering wheel clock spring replaced 4 times, windshield wiper motor, air conditioner fan motor, both power window motors died, horn malfunctioned, sliding door pad short (which caused doors to lock and unlock while driving at various speeds), ignition cylinder housing locked up twice, and the list goes on.

2000 Powerwagon
By Pop on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

This vehicle is superior to the Ford Windstars I have owned. It is more comfortable, pulls my boat easier, and is much roomier and more comfortable. The mileage is disappointing, as is the braking system. It has had to have a seat replaced because of wear, and stabilizers were added to the front to get rid of excessive noise.

NO MORE CHRYSLER JUNK
By Dealer Dan on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

Our Grand Caravan has been nothing but problems. The transmissions are junk. This Van had two transmissions in 30,000 miles. NOT RECOMMENDED for people with children - this is an unsafe and unreliable vehicle. The wipers only work when the SUN is out. The back door glass explodes as you drive down the road. The brakes will not stop it at speeds over 30MPH unless you have a mile to stop. ABS SUCKS.

"meet all necessary requirements" van
By dprong on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

Leased an '98 Plymouth Grand Voyager "Expresso" (3.3 L engine) and upon it's lease expiration, I told the same salesperson who leased it at the beginning that it was the best car I ever had after driving 4 Hondas (all cars). He replied,"This 2000 Grand Caravan" (3.8L) is going to be even better. And he is damn right! Despite that this van has ran into bad luck (smashed a pregnant doe; leaving $8,000 damage and hail damage leaving $9,000 damage within 1 year!) Took it to many long trips per year to parents in laws' and to Fla. A real nice cruising vehicle! Comfortable seatings

The Worse I've Ever Had
By George35 on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

This is hands down the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I have an 86 Subaru that drives better than this vehicle. I have had my Grand Caravan for Less than 2 years. During that time it has been in and out of the shop, examples: Broken axles, replace rack and pinion, sway bars, belt tensioner, replaced lifters, and electrical problems. Buyers beware!

WINDOW LEAKS
By worldbfr on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

This van gets driven, I have ove 50000 miles and only 2 years old. Passenger sliding door window has water leaking in. Dealer does not want to do an out of warranty repair. It is only 2 years old.

Great so far!
By John42 on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

We've owned our 2000 Grand Carvan Sport for 2 and a half years and 45,000 Miles. No problems to report. Mileage is about 23 mpg with the 3.3 liter V6.

Grand Caravan Review
By kemrich on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

This is the second Grand Caravan we have owned. First one lasted 11 years and 250,000 miles on one engine and one Trannie. Mileage is acceptable at an average of 22 mph on regular gas. Only gripe is removal and reinstall of the second set of seats and the rear bench. Chrysler should have learned from the competition. Still awkward.