2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
170,000 miles and still going!
By cprevbhayes on 07/02/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Bought used in 2003 with 35k. Now has 170,000 and still running strong. Did have to replace shift solenoid in tranny at about 100k, but that was only a $300 repair. Motor is still strong and doesn't use any oil. Transmission will use a little fluid occasionally. Only complaint (if you can complain about something that is 11 years old) is that the paint on the hood is fading out. Still drives great. A/C compressor is currently out and weighing whether or not it is worth the $1000 price tag to have that fixed. All in all, it has been a great vehicle. Not that exciting to drive, but great for the family. Hey, it's a minivan after all!

Has been pretty good to me, considering
By MDGUY on 06/10/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I purchased the van at 40k miles after my ex totaled the '99 GC. It came from Canada (bad thing) originally and had 6k miles rolled off when brought into US. I now have 170k miles on it. In all, typical minor repairs with brakes and such. Trans done at 160k - not too bad really. Engine is a 3.8 and runs great - lots more power than the 3.3 I had before. Replaced the radiator - had a hole not due to defect, replaced the water pump at 120k or so - typical. It is getting to the point where more repairs need done - struts, front end work, tires, etc so I am dumping it. Bought a Nissan Sentra. Don't need a van any more. Considering I am not easy on cars, this one has held up pretty good!

Good Van
By 2rd dodge on 06/10/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Overall it was a descent van with OK features. Seats were more comfortable then the new Dodge stow and go ones. Good amount of storage when 3rd row seat is moved forward.

One more round!
By comfort king on 01/17/07 07:05 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

This is my 2nd Grand Caravan. The first was very reliable. I owned it 10 years. Bought a luxury car and realised I missed my minivan. So here we go again. This one has 98000 on it, I'm hoping I will have good luck with it, because I really enjoy the comfort and ride. I feel a little more confident since I've got 10 years and 231,000 miles experience out of my 1st one. Plus I only paid $3600 for it used from the original owner who was a Chrysler retiree. I feel I can't go wrong.

Great so far!
By John42 on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We've owned our 2000 Grand Carvan Sport for 2 and a half years and 45,000 Miles. No problems to report. Mileage is about 23 mpg with the 3.3 liter V6.

Grand Caravan Review
By kemrich on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

This is the second Grand Caravan we have owned. First one lasted 11 years and 250,000 miles on one engine and one Trannie. Mileage is acceptable at an average of 22 mph on regular gas. Only gripe is removal and reinstall of the second set of seats and the rear bench. Chrysler should have learned from the competition. Still awkward.

After 40,000 miles we still love it!
By Alan_D on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Our Grand Caravan has 40,000 miles on it after 2 years. It has performed very well over that period with only routine maintenance. For a large'ish van it handles very well and has decent acceleration (we have the 3.8L). I've been generally pleased with the gas mileage. We've averaged 19.5 mpg around town and 25 mpg on trips - and that is with an average of 5 to 6 people in it.