2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Not a good buy
By melliann on 07/29/10 18:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

We have had nothing but issues since we got it, going through brake pads like crazy, had to replace the transmission twice, and be careful how far away you are from other drivers because the brakes are really squishy, so bad that it caused me to get into a fender bender and now hubby thinks it is totaled! Oh joy - NOT!

Tranny already!
By Catsvan on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

I bought my 2000 Grand Caravan Sport about 3 months ago. I love driving it and my daughter loves her TV/VCR. My only problems so far have been a few major oil leaks fixed easily, but very expensive & now the transmission needs to be rebuilt which is costing me over $2000. I'm hoping and praying that this will fix the major problems. Time will tell.

love the AWD
By caryn on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

little monor annoyances - steering wobbbles at speed - balance/alignment don't hold.

Disappointed
By Dsspntd on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

The things fixed since buying the van new : Power window and door actuators, exhaust manifold(cracked shortly after new) , power steering (excessive leak), front rotors (warped 30,000), onto my 3rd water pump within the last year and it's leaking again. I took a chance on buying this Dodge Caravan and put my faith in American made. Sorry never again, maybe Buick. I've owned a Buick Skyhawk, Ford Mustang, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Buick LeSabre, Acura Integra, Dodge Colt, VW Passat (all '80's and '90's models)

2000 Grand Caravan Sport - BEWARE!!
By Machacca on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

This vehicle has been in and out of the shop for various issues after the first year. The latest is a cracked head that will cost $$$$$$$$ to repair. No warranty coverage. I guess the industry is forcing consumers in purchasing extended warranties at gaudy prices. Hindsight is 20/20. I should have gotten a Honda.

This Works For Me
By LuvnDad on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

I have been the owner of this vehicle for a few weeks now. However it was bought brand new by my mom and dad. It is in excellent condition. I had many chances to drive this vehicle and I find it to be a very smooth ride. It hugs the road on turns and does not feel top heavy. The exterior is sweet. The rear spoiler and front fog lights give it a very sporty look. I never thought of myself as a minivan kind of guy; but I am glad I bought it and believe me it was well taken care of. The kids love it. There is plenty of room for them and now I don't hear she touching me or move over anymore.

think twice before buying Dodge Caravan
By Chris & Shannon on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 4dr Minivan AWD

for the most part the van is nice but it was our second new dodge caravan and we had problems with both, the main reason that we purchased the caravan was because of price. With both carvans 1999 & 2000 AWD Sports we had trouble with the transmittion and electrial problems,Once the caravan hit 20,000 miles it started going down hill fast! we are now looking to buy another van but this time we will buy a used honda odssey 1999 or 2000. I would never advise anyone to buy a Dodge Carvan, lease hmmmmmm, well maybe! Good luck hope my experience will help you make a better choice.........