Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Grand-caravan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

170,000 miles and still going!
By cprevbhayes

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

Bought used in 2003 with 35k. Now has 170,000 and still running strong. Did have to replace shift solenoid in tranny at about 100k, but that was only a $300 repair. Motor is still strong and doesn't use any oil. Transmission will use a little fluid occasionally. Only complaint (if you can complain about something that is 11 years old) is that the paint on the hood is fading out. Still drives great. A/C compressor is currently out and weighing whether or not it is worth the $1000 price tag to have that fixed. All in all, it has been a great vehicle. Not that exciting to drive, but great for the family. Hey, it's a minivan after all!

Favorite Features

Room, LOTS of room! Has been very cheap to maintain. I think gas mileage of 22-24 on highway is great.

Suggested Improvements

I've heard the transmission horror stories, but other than the shift solenoid, we have had no problems.

Has been pretty good to me, considering
By MDGUY

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

I purchased the van at 40k miles after my ex totaled the '99 GC. It came from Canada (bad thing) originally and had 6k miles rolled off when brought into US. I now have 170k miles on it. In all, typical minor repairs with brakes and such. Trans done at 160k - not too bad really. Engine is a 3.8 and runs great - lots more power than the 3.3 I had before. Replaced the radiator - had a hole not due to defect, replaced the water pump at 120k or so - typical. It is getting to the point where more repairs need done - struts, front end work, tires, etc so I am dumping it. Bought a Nissan Sentra. Don't need a van any more. Considering I am not easy on cars, this one has held up pretty good!

Favorite Features

Power, Interior, Hauling capacity, Roominess

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier to work on - hard to get to spark plugs and wires, water pump, alternator, etc. Install a device that makes the front passenger invisible to the driver - hehe.

Good Van
By 2rd dodge

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

Overall it was a descent van with OK features. Seats were more comfortable then the new Dodge stow and go ones. Good amount of storage when 3rd row seat is moved forward.

Favorite Features

Dual sliding doors, rear climate fan control, fuel economy, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Engine wasn't very powerful, road noise, rear windows didn't roll down

One more round!
By comfort king

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

This is my 2nd Grand Caravan. The first was very reliable. I owned it 10 years. Bought a luxury car and realised I missed my minivan. So here we go again. This one has 98000 on it, I'm hoping I will have good luck with it, because I really enjoy the comfort and ride. I feel a little more confident since I've got 10 years and 231,000 miles experience out of my 1st one. Plus I only paid $3600 for it used from the original owner who was a Chrysler retiree. I feel I can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

The whole family loves it.

Suggested Improvements

Work on any nagging problems you experience at the dealerships

Great so far!
By John42

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

We've owned our 2000 Grand Carvan Sport for 2 and a half years and 45,000 Miles. No problems to report. Mileage is about 23 mpg with the 3.3 liter V6.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting and ride. Very comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

none