Van needed major work
By Major work needed on
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan
I currently have 87000 mi, so far I have had to replace my transmission and blew the head gasket. Over $4000 in repairs and I have only owned it for 3 years. Although there are not any major repairs on the horizon (knock on wood) the van is simply falling apart with all the rattles in and out of the vehicle. It has been wonderful to have such a pratical vehicle, however I hate to drive this car any farther than 1 hour,uncomfortable on long trips. This was my second Dodge and the second Dodge that needed a transmission. Any loose bags of stuff roll around in the back, other makes have a well for the seat and that prevents the rolling of stuff. Look at the Toyotas or Hondas.
Favorite Features
Captain chairs in middle row. Although I can get that on other makes. Rear air is wonderful, again I can get that on other makes.
Suggested Improvements
More comfortable seats. Better transmission. Thank you for the new stow and go seating, should have thouhgt of that in 1999, 2 people are needed to remove the rear seat. Lots of road noise. Vinyl on under side of seats is cracking. cupholders don't hold bottles of water and are falling apart.