1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - This van stood up to

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

This van stood up to a lot of abuse
By Jane on

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

So, the junkyard comes to pick up my Grand Caravan tomorrow, and I'm very sad to see it go. I bought it with 30k miles on in 3 years ago, and it now has 190k on it. It has been my band's tour van and the main vehicle for my cleaning company. As well as heavy daily driving. it's gone across the country 6 times (plus a tour of Mexico) loaded with about 1600 lbs of band equipment. It also survived getting stolen by some teenagers. It showed wear with age, but it was amazingly reliable and had a very low cost of ownership especially for the way I treated it!

Favorite Features

SO RELIABLE!! I had no problems with it until about 120k. Then the engine started to leak, especially out of the rear seal. Tightened it up and managed it by adding oil often. AC died around 165k. Finally, this week at 190k, the transmission died. Pretty darn good, I'd say.

Suggested Improvements

LOVED this car. I hear the newer engines don't get so leaky, but really, I can't complain.