1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Good but not Great.

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

Good but not Great.
By teresphere on

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

I do mostly interstate driving ~17K/yr. I currently have 65K miles right now. I have replaced the brake pads once 5 months ago. I have not had any problems with any sensor or belt tensioner. I did get a recall letter about a possible fuel O ring that might be a problem in the engine compartment. There are some electrical problems..windshield wipers can be fickle. The transmission has had a rough time getting in gear at first at very cold temps (10 to -20F. I bought this car brand new..and i had a small transmission leak..a poor seal. I fixed it myself. I also seem to be losing some oil more recently.

Seems to have enough power with the 3.3 liter. Versitile people/project carrier. Handles well. Looks good inside and out.

Seats are heavy..should fold in like on some other vans. Continued Wiper/electrical problems...will they ever fix this problem?Headlights are aimed to low and/or not bright enough..YOU CANT SEE very far ahead on a dark night! Quality checks on Seals...