1998 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
best van dodge
By jasonw120 on 08/30/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

this is my 2nd van 1st was a 1997 voyager mini van, the thing was awsum , i bought it for 100 bucks 140 k miles on it knew trany owner told me tranny was bad replaced it 160k miles had to replace motor ran like a tank in snow, durung pa,s snowmagaden storm in 2009 i damn near used as a snowpow i couldent get stuck if i tryed, i volunteer for fire dept and red cross and took 7 people to shelter during heat of storm with 2 feet of snow on groundm, did not have any problems at all, finly a 1998 dodge grand sport with 180k on it fell in to my lap, it was a fleet leased and company mantined van it is great looken no rust still looks new man dose it got balls to for a van, great van love it

Love it , But eh....
By Daniel_Lee on 12/31/09 11:51 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

well I love This van I have had multiple cravans, But this is my first ES with the 3.8 and damn this thing hauls balls it has the tow package 17 in wheels tan leather and auto headlamps, remote start(aftermarket) This van is amazing for all the family. kids love it I Love driving it personally My wife doesn't like how I drive but what can I say It corners well never got stuck love the traction control , not a fan of it locking when keys are in ignition locks when you shut any slider or passenger door its weird but oh well just make sure I have the keys on me ^_^ been problem free routine maintenance one new transmission because the other was faulty

We are so glad we did it!
By minivanfamnow on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

I love this van... i can't believe i am saying that! I really do! I am glad we got an older model that was LOADED! Runs like a dream...the transmission was smoother than our Nissan. I know that a lot of people have "bad luck" with the caravan, but just take care of it and it will take care of you :)

never again
By hgmuc on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

This is the second dodge i've owned and i should have learned the first time. THANK GOD i got the warranty when i bought this car used - I've had to replace the transmision at 70,000 and have most of the valve gaskets replaced in the engine - there is still oil leaking into the air filter I think the fuel injectors are crapping out now as well-

No problems, I like it
By midcapwarrior on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

Have it for 4 years. Bought it used. It was a exec special so the mileage was a little high but it was loaded. No problems other than normal maintenance. I have two kids so the captains chairs are great for getting in and out. Only negative is the weight of the chairs. Not the easiest to remove/replace. Fuel mileage could be better.

American Cars - Do They Compare Yet?
By dirk pitt on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

We had owned a couple of older cars for a number of years and we decided we needed the room of a minivan, so we bought our Grand Caravan with 52,000 miles on it. While we have not had any mechanical problems with it so far, it is so difficult to perform preventative maintenance on it except oil changes. I do my own work, but I could not change all of the spark plugs, belts, fuel filter, etc. Its fuel economy was disappointing, and its build quality is not as good as my Toyota Corolla that is eight years older and has four times as many miles on it (235,000).

I love this van
By BigCheeseDad on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

This van has all the handling characteristics of a sedan but with a hugh interior. I love this van and always will. It has decent power but the most important feature is the way it handles on the highway. Don't get me wrong, in very high winds, you're going to get pushed but NOTHING like the Windstar. I recently drove a brand new Windstar and I was all over the highway. It's handling was much poorer than my Dodge. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Caravan ES Good So Far
By embien on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

I have had very good luck with this vehicle so far. I would buy another.