1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport
By Shoe on 09/10/07 14:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Overall great vehicle. Maintainance has been normal and the Dodge dealers I've had to deal with have been great too (I'm military, so have moved around a bit). The engine has held up well and the only real disapointment I've had is that the a/c went bad and had to be replaced. I've been coast to coast and from Florida to New Hampshire with no major probems. Will likely consider a Grand Caravan again.

Satisfied Customer
By Rob Melhorn on 06/15/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Our van was a solid performer and had great flexibility. Hauled a family of six and luggage on vacation and was able to carry lumber and sheets of plywood after removing the seats. We had fun with our van and are getting a new replacement.

Practical Vehicle
By rau1997 on 12/06/04 01:19 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We bought our 1997 Grand Caravan used with 26500 miles on it from a dealership. We also bought an extended warranty taking it to 6yrs/75k (only used it once for the starter but it was nice to have peace of mind). Overall it's been a pretty good car with only three problems; starter went out at 50k; brakes; wiper goes on for no reason (not covered on extended warranty).

great vehicle
By jomare on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

This vehicle now has 330000km and is still going strong (original engine, original transmission

LOTS of Problems
By AEJ070897 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

New trans at 50,139--broke without any warning (just over the warranty)but Chrysler did split half the cost. Now we have problem with the AC compressor, wiper going on for no reason at all, engine light comes on for no reason. Not very reliablemechanically but nice vehicle to look at. I would only purchase if you plan on keeping it less than 3 yrs. or if you like to look at in your drive.

Better be a AAA member!
By Lazurus on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We had several recalls which should have been warning enough. The dealership would not stand behind the warranties on the child integrated seating. Experienced electrical problems, belt tensioner issues, complete failure of brake system, and finally a catastrophic transmission failure. All before reaching 100,000 miles.

Best used car ever
By Ronj on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

This car gives a great ride and is great on gas I have the tow package and it pulles my trailer very well, I have the big V6. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to shopping for a new one.

good car
By Kingfisher57 on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

My Dodge has been an excellent vehicle. I have 132000 on the car now and have had only 1 scary experience with itas the fuel rail broke with 5000 miles on the vehicle. Other wise there has been no problems with it.The car is still all original except for brakes and 1 battery

Caravan1
By johnm on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

great vehicle for around town, on the highway, and for carrying large loads. Comfortably carries 6-7 people.

The worst care ever built
By chuckf on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

50,000 miles and already on its 4th transmission. "5-Star" dealer ruined engine by crossthreading the engine mount bolts during the 1st transmission replacement and refuses to pay. Terrible brakes. Unreliable. Terrible service. Don't by anything from Chrysler and don't buy anything from Tobin Chrysler Dodge in Clinton, NY.