Used 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Disappointed
By Shenandoah

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this car used with low milage. It was checked out by my mechanic, who gave it a clean bill of health. Within months I had to sink over $1500 in repairs. Now that it is appoaching 100,000 miles, it is in constant need of repair, despite being taken well care of. To top it off, the green pain on my hood an roof is peeling off badly. I've started noticing, it seems to be a defect with the green paint. All the green dodge vans in my area seem to be loosing their pain on the hoods and roof.

Favorite Features

I love the fact that it keeps track of my miles per gallon average

Suggested Improvements

more leg room for passengers

tHIS VAN SUCKS!!!
By SCOOT

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

What a piece of crap. I think my 9 year old could build a better vehicle. Lets see where do I start. Oh, the brakes failed COMPLETELY while my wife was driving. thought that was solved in the early 1900s? The trans failed COMPLETELY. The DIS (ignition) failed. The engine only revs to 1/2 rpm and bucks wildly (started at 110,000 mi). The driver door hinge has ripped the metal out of the body and the drivers door latch has now COMPLETELY failed as a result, The interior has fallen apart at 80,000 mi. I replaced the front struts and springs at 90,000. Buy a new Honda Odyssey. (Like I just did!!!)

Suggested Improvements

Hijack a new Honda and copy it!

Bad Van
By lmollstl

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

This van was given to us by my father-in-law when it was 12 years old with 71,000 miles. It had been well maintained and always garaged. I first noticed that the power rear windows only worked some time, the rear windshield wiper motor was out and the electric liftgate opener did not work. In the year we owned it the water pump, drivers side window motor, and the front wiper motor had to be replaced. Then the track on the sliding side door door broke and the side window latch came apart. When the transmission went out at 82,000 miles the van went to the junk yard. I should have known because I had the same experiences with the 96 Caravan I bought new.

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler should put more effort into vehicle quality to retain customers. I won't buy from them again.

The Last Chrysler
By Kevin McCue

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

Reliability has been the biggest problem with this vehicle. To date, we've had the following problems: - three transmission failures - water pump - front brake calipers - fan belt - shocks and struts - two out of round wheels - gives nice highway ride - cruise control out Although an older vehicle, the poor reliability of this and our Intrepid has made us import buyers.

Favorite Features

Relatively inexpensive Holds a lot of stuff Looks OK Handles OK, fairly peppy for minivan

Suggested Improvements

Poor reliability Rough ride

Go foreign
By Happy with my nissan

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I had my van for 6 years, it came with the 3.3L automatic which gave us 4 years of good service. It is at this point you might as well get rid of it because your opinion will change dramatically. The tranny gave up the ghost at 92,000 at a tune of $1,600 and I found out I was real lucky. Dodge doesn't build anything to last. We used to buy Chrysler products, but never again!

Favorite Features

Plenty of cargo space. Good excelleration and decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Team up with the Japanese and figure out how to build a transmission.