1995 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
it's but better than the newer
By Brian on 10/21/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

I have had fewer issues with this 14 year old van than I had with my 4 year old van. In my opinion although not perfect they are a good BEATER van as long as they were maintained properly when new. I have 2 more of these vans plus another one in my family as well. as long as you get a 3.3 w/o abs or rear climate control you have a reliable van for as long as the transmission is maintained PROPERLY. Most people do not use the correct fluids in the transmission so it fails. I am lucky in that all of mine have good engines and transmissions plus these vans are cheap to buy. Just don't get a 3.0 powered one.

Bad Van
By lmollstl on 01/18/09 08:23 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

This van was given to us by my father-in-law when it was 12 years old with 71,000 miles. It had been well maintained and always garaged. I first noticed that the power rear windows only worked some time, the rear windshield wiper motor was out and the electric liftgate opener did not work. In the year we owned it the water pump, drivers side window motor, and the front wiper motor had to be replaced. Then the track on the sliding side door door broke and the side window latch came apart. When the transmission went out at 82,000 miles the van went to the junk yard. I should have known because I had the same experiences with the 96 Caravan I bought new.

Experiences With A Caravan
By Dana Murphy on 03/07/08 07:45 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I'd wanted a Caravan since 1988 when I first drove cross-country from California to Connecticut. Fourteen years later I had my car. It has been very good to me for five years. In the past few months however, the interior lighting system has gone awry, the transmission slips badly when starting up in the morning, the headlights have become dim due to discoloration of the lenses, but it is still a good riding car, with 203,000 miles on the odometer. I'm looking now for a newer model because I've heard from friends and relatives that they've continued with Dodge through the years.

From our view point
By Mickey on 02/28/05 15:38 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

We were the only owners of this vehicle and never had any trouble with it. Other than normal wear-and-tear repair/maintenance work we did not need to have any major work done on it. A truly great van for the family that took us 207,000 miles. We loved it so much that we bought a new one to replace it!

My Caravan
By Only Me on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

Overall great vehicle. Could have done better with the transmission, and the paint shouldn't peel off in whole sheets. If you are willing to recondition the transmission and repaint after 5 years, it's worth keeping.

Good Value, following repairs
By JimmyT on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

New transmission after 36000 miles. Covered by Chrysler. Starter replaced. Body in excellent shape after 8 years. Interior like new. Well kept.Have never had MAJOR problems as car has followed the manufactures service book. Chrysler has been more than supportive of their product. Oter than transmission, only minor, normal repairs, brakes, tires, etc. Has been an excellent investment for the past 8 years.

tHIS VAN SUCKS!!!
By SCOOT on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

What a piece of crap. I think my 9 year old could build a better vehicle. Lets see where do I start. Oh, the brakes failed COMPLETELY while my wife was driving. thought that was solved in the early 1900s? The trans failed COMPLETELY. The DIS (ignition) failed. The engine only revs to 1/2 rpm and bucks wildly (started at 110,000 mi). The driver door hinge has ripped the metal out of the body and the drivers door latch has now COMPLETELY failed as a result, The interior has fallen apart at 80,000 mi. I replaced the front struts and springs at 90,000. Buy a new Honda Odyssey. (Like I just did!!!)

car
By lmn on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

very good car and drives well and came with a very good warrenty, and we are happy with it

Daves review
By cmdrdave on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

bought this van when it was 5 years old and had 109,000 miles on it. have had it since Jan 2001, and this is June 2003. Now have 198,000 miles. Had to replace serpentine belt, a water pump, and the driver's CV boot needs replacing, but has given very reliable service. The hinge on the driver's door needed welded. The sheet metal gave way around the hinge. I understand that this is not uncommon. We are planning to buy another grand caravan when we decide we want something a little newer. This is our main family vehicle.

family van
By M2arq on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

The van has been fantastic for eight years. Great power and hauling capabilities. Super family vehicle.