Great dependable van
By dave03886 on
1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan
I've had this Van for over 6 years, bought it with 108 K miles from the first owner, it now has 190K. The transmission was replaced under factory warranty at 90 K. I am very fussy with oil changes, transmission service and tune-up, other than common wear out and maintenance issues this van has treated me very well. The 3.8 L is rare for a 1994, and the transmission is a 4sp auto, with cooler as the vehicle had a towing package option from the factory. The galvanized body was a big plus for me when I bought it. I will drive this van until I need to spend $1000 at one time. I would probably only get 300-400 trade in on another used vehicle and that new used car could be a lemon.
Favorite Features
4 capt. seats, rear heat and air, great sound system, overhead digital computer for mpg, compass, outside temp, etc. very predictable road manners and 18-22 mpg average in a comfortable 7 passenger van, with plenty of get up and go, crusing at 70-75 is solid and effortless motor is smooth, and can zip up to 85-90 in a flash on the interstate of course I usually drive under 55-60.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing I could recommend to improve on