1994 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Give me a Caravan....

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

LE Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Give me a Caravan....
By Penger5 on

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

We've really enjoyed this vehicle. We bought it used with about 75,000 miles on it. We've put about 76,000 more on it. We did have some problem with the electrical wiring--a small fire in the door and a squirrel ate the electrical harness--but, other than that, repairs have been pretty minor. Unlike many others we have not (touch wood) had to rebuild the transmission. The transmission is a little temperamental (you would be too with 151,000 miles on you!) but I've found that starting gently from a stop helps solves the problem. My mechanic says that there is a lot of weight that it needs to pull, so being gentle on the start from a stop will stand you in good stead.

Favorite Features

Great space for kids. We loved the integrated car seats when they were younger. Lots of room for the dogs too.

Suggested Improvements

Four doors (oh, yeah, our new one has that) captains seats (oh, yeah, they make that too) um... rear heat/air... I guess dodge has this design pretty well nailed. Heated seats!