Used 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Great dependable van
By dave03886

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

I've had this Van for over 6 years, bought it with 108 K miles from the first owner, it now has 190K. The transmission was replaced under factory warranty at 90 K. I am very fussy with oil changes, transmission service and tune-up, other than common wear out and maintenance issues this van has treated me very well. The 3.8 L is rare for a 1994, and the transmission is a 4sp auto, with cooler as the vehicle had a towing package option from the factory. The galvanized body was a big plus for me when I bought it. I will drive this van until I need to spend $1000 at one time. I would probably only get 300-400 trade in on another used vehicle and that new used car could be a lemon.

4 capt. seats, rear heat and air, great sound system, overhead digital computer for mpg, compass, outside temp, etc. very predictable road manners and 18-22 mpg average in a comfortable 7 passenger van, with plenty of get up and go, crusing at 70-75 is solid and effortless motor is smooth, and can zip up to 85-90 in a flash on the interstate of course I usually drive under 55-60.

Nothing I could recommend to improve on

Solid van served us well for 11 years
By Steve

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

Bought a loaded 3.8L LE 2 years used, drove the tar out of it w/the family, then a daily driver to work for a few years, now my teenage son has been driving it for 1.5 years. Will finally sadly part with it, as my son upgrades. Has been a real workhorse, generally very reliable, always started and ran smooth and quiet to this day. Had to rebuild tranny at 70K (who didn't?), but tranny still good today at 225K miles. AC went out about a year ago. Otherwise, very little went wrong. Surprised by other reviews dinging this vehicle, as they were all submitted when the car was 10 years old! What do you expect? Most other 10yo cars are in the junkyard or some canal somewhere by now.

Started and ran smooth, reliable

Rebuilding the infamous Caravan tranny

Our Grand Caravan
By Cerberus1949

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I've purchased new, and I started buying new vehicles in 1971. I've never had a vehicle remain in such top condition after so many driving miles. This vehicle has always been there when we needed it, and performed above expectation.

The rear ac/heater is great.

Nebs Review
By Robert Nebelsick

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has preformed very good for me during my ownership.

Overhead console

My 94 Dodge Caravan Experiences
By Bill Matthews

1994 Dodge Grand Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

My 1994 Dodge LE Caravan has had many major repairs made, fortunately all under the extended warranty. They were; Air cond. evaporator replaced for corrosion,engine mounts replaced twice, transmission overhauled, both front CV axles replaced 2 to 3 times due to vibation at 45-55 mph. Also the hood and roof paint peeled and had to be repainted. All of these under 60,000 miles. Then the vibration reoccured at 45-65 mph, and dealer said not CV axils fault. Tires replaced and balanced, aligned, 2 wheels replaced, all of no help, they (the dealer) could never find the cause. So I will never buy another Dodge.

Antilock brakes, power everthing, large capacity.

Better drive train without vibration.