1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
16 years and still going strong
By Charles on 02/05/09 09:42 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Great vehicle. Same tranny with only two fluid changes, one water pump change. Still get 24 MPG highway and 21 around town (3.3/FWD), 3K miles per quart of oil.

What a surprise!
By deetta on 12/31/08 17:01 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 88,000 miles on it and now 7 yrs later it has 219,000.It's our family car so any where I go she goes. We've never replaced the engine or transmission. My Dodge has been a very reliable vehicle!! I love the room in it. It handles great! I've hauled a few bales of hay and always get my feed for the horses in it. I can't say anything very bad about it. We've replaced the drive axles on both sides and that's the most we've had in repairs. The transmission is giving a few problems now but we watch the fluid and do not use overdrive which isn't as good on mpg. We are starting to look for a different car but I hate to give up my Dodge, I love it!

Damn the Dodge
By Disgusted on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this thing brand new. I was very pleased at first. This was my second Dodge brand auto I had bought new and should have known from the first one that the quality was not good. I had the 36,000 mile full warrenty. The transmission went out at 37,000. t $2000 a pop I have had 5 transmissions, some only lasting a year. Then the electrical has been less then satisfying.

If you like to replace transmissions...
By Transmissionbuyer on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

...buy a Chrysler minivan. Just found out today that our '93 Caravan needs ANOTHER transmission....THREE have gone out on this vehicle. Never, ever again will I buy another Chrysler product. Talked with District Rep and Detroit....they refuse to acknowlege problem or help in any way.

93 Dodge Grand Carave SE Sport
By Tiger on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Solid transportation. Captian Seats for four are great. Lots of room. Keeps on ticking.