Used 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

16 years and still going strong
By Charles

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

Great vehicle. Same tranny with only two fluid changes, one water pump change. Still get 24 MPG highway and 21 around town (3.3/FWD), 3K miles per quart of oil.

Love hauling 4x8 sheets of drywall with the hatch closed with a couple dozen 2x4x8's. Factory sport suspension with rear sway bar with heavy duty suspension.

Less rattles inside desired - downside effect of the HD suspension?

What a surprise!
By deetta

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 88,000 miles on it and now 7 yrs later it has 219,000.It's our family car so any where I go she goes. We've never replaced the engine or transmission. My Dodge has been a very reliable vehicle!! I love the room in it. It handles great! I've hauled a few bales of hay and always get my feed for the horses in it. I can't say anything very bad about it. We've replaced the drive axles on both sides and that's the most we've had in repairs. The transmission is giving a few problems now but we watch the fluid and do not use overdrive which isn't as good on mpg. We are starting to look for a different car but I hate to give up my Dodge, I love it!

The clearance underneath is pretty good, tight steering, handles the curves great. It's been a great engine (3.0)good power and plenty of speed.

I would improve the air conditioning ducts or put in rear heat/air. The speakers could be better.

Damn the Dodge
By Disgusted

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this thing brand new. I was very pleased at first. This was my second Dodge brand auto I had bought new and should have known from the first one that the quality was not good. I had the 36,000 mile full warrenty. The transmission went out at 37,000. t $2000 a pop I have had 5 transmissions, some only lasting a year. Then the electrical has been less then satisfying.

then built in baby seats a $750 option was outstanding and rated in the top 3% by Consumers reports for funtion and safety due to proper placement. A very good feature. The overall utility of the vehecle can not be denied.

The 4 speed auto transmission needs to be much better designed. It has been rated poor by Consumers for years. The electric is also notorious for its failures.

If you like to replace transmissions...
By Transmissionbuyer

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

...buy a Chrysler minivan. Just found out today that our '93 Caravan needs ANOTHER transmission....THREE have gone out on this vehicle. Never, ever again will I buy another Chrysler product. Talked with District Rep and Detroit....they refuse to acknowlege problem or help in any way.

93 Dodge Grand Carave SE Sport
By Tiger

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

Solid transportation. Captian Seats for four are great. Lots of room. Keeps on ticking.

Always starts, uses no oil, made for people to fit in. Carries a bunch of stuff too. May last another 10 years.

Engine power is about 140hp, fair but could use some more ponies when everyone is rolling at 90. Way to noisy at road speeds. New Trans at 30k under warranty..since then nothing has broken. Interior trim-plastic is cheap some minor cracks.