1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:
Son's First Car
By CA on 11/29/09 13:33 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

We got this off a neighbor for $200.00 and initially I thought I got a lemon. There was an electrical quirk, but my mechanic fixed it. Since it sat, it needed a few things, and the previous owner didn't have the right person work on it, so about $2500. later, the car runs great. Not too bad for a first car with NO CAR PAYMENT! I have a 1990 Daytona and I was never a sedan person, but I find myself loving this car. I was told that the 4 cyl. was very rare in this model. It has the exact same engine as my Daytona does. I told my son if he ever decides to get a new car, I want it back.

Stupid Dodge Dynasty
By pamel44 on 09/08/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dodge at a car lot used with 56,000 miles. Here it is 3 months later and with only 61,000 miles the transmission is out. I would not recommend this car........serious! Don't buy one!!!!

Have owned two Dynasty's.
By LDM on 03/08/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

My first, a 91 Dynasty with 3.3L engine, caused me no problems at all for the three year I had it except that the belt would squeak. Hit a deer with 210,000 miles and totaled it. Second one, a 93 Dynasty, however has had a few problems. Like mentioned before, in cold weather the doors don't want to close. I had to remove the stiff grease from inside the door mechanisms and replace it with a graphite lubricate to fix. It also has the 3.3L engine and the belt squeaks on it too. Have tried 3 different belts. Fuel economy not what it should be. The 91 got about 25mpg, the 93 about 16mpg. Same engine .. still trying to figure it out.

1993 Dynasty Marathoner
By GEORGEMJ on 12/10/08 11:03 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and still have it with 340,000 miles. Has original engine, trans rebuilt at 300,000. Normal maintenance. Some minor problems but overall good performance. all it does is run. Won't quit. Got a new Hemi Charger but still drive the Dynasty to work.

Lasted 8 Years - bought in 2000 - 2008
By Chrysler Dynasty km on 05/31/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Routine repairs & good commuter car. (Don't let this scare you I had this car a long time) Rusted on hood and roof after 5 years owned. Wish it had lumbar support, my knees were higher than my hips causing an occasional stiff hip (I'm under 30 years old). With a lumbar pillow not bad. It had good pickup before the transmission started slipping the last year owned. Lasted on a few road trips without problems, but a week later the car usually made me pay. The tires would wear quickly and went thru 4 batteries. I've seen plenty of these cars around town so they must be pretty affordable and somewhat reliable. Towards the end of its life it had to be jumped if sat longer than 3 days

Reliable Car, Easy Upkeep
By professor442 on 10/12/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used, knowing that the transmission need special attention. Since I work on my own car, changing the transmmission fluid frequently has been easy and has paid off. An excellent car, extremely undervalued, and drives smooth with a very comfortable and roomy interior (for its size, it's no Deville!).

My Car
By Deborah on 12/07/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed onwing my Dodge Dynasty. It has given me many years of pleasures, and very low maintance. I have driven it across country twice and not one bit of trouble.

Been a great car, time to say goodbye
By man3745 on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This has truly been a great car, but it is time to say goodbye. The engine is almost at 160,000 miles now, and we got her at 88,000. She's only needed minor repairs, but now since she is old, more things are starting to go wrong. The electrical completely went out (nothing works but the headlights) and every time we fix it, it goes out again within a few days (strange, huh?). There is a heavy rattle in the engine, but what can we say? It's been so good to us up until now. We can't complain.

A Hidden Gem
By WxMan_II on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Was looking for family transport, at 6'4", the Intrepid on the lot didn't do it for me, so I tried the Dynasty. Boys, this baby packs performance, handling, comfort, and style into a great package. 3.3l V6 power, good economy, handling that rivals anything on the road with tight, responsive steering. This thing challenges my Daytona 2.2 Turbo off the line and holds well to the top end. A definite keeper.

Good Car but screams 80 yr old lady
By aalprice on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 3 years and it has only had 2 repairs and for a 10 yr old car thats pretty good. Very roomy but the outside look it really bad. I am a young person and it is more of a boat then I would really like but it has great power with the V6. Hugh Trunk!