Used 1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

Son's First Car
By CA

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

We got this off a neighbor for $200.00 and initially I thought I got a lemon. There was an electrical quirk, but my mechanic fixed it. Since it sat, it needed a few things, and the previous owner didn't have the right person work on it, so about $2500. later, the car runs great. Not too bad for a first car with NO CAR PAYMENT! I have a 1990 Daytona and I was never a sedan person, but I find myself loving this car. I was told that the 4 cyl. was very rare in this model. It has the exact same engine as my Daytona does. I told my son if he ever decides to get a new car, I want it back.

Love the interior! Very plush.

A 4 cyl. engine for this size car isn't a great idea, but it keeps my son from getting ideas about drag racing. Chrysler should think about bringing back this car and the Daytona.

Stupid Dodge Dynasty
By pamel44

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dodge at a car lot used with 56,000 miles. Here it is 3 months later and with only 61,000 miles the transmission is out. I would not recommend this car........serious! Don't buy one!!!!

It's comfy on the inside......big trunk

No helping this one...........

Have owned two Dynasty's.
By LDM

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

My first, a 91 Dynasty with 3.3L engine, caused me no problems at all for the three year I had it except that the belt would squeak. Hit a deer with 210,000 miles and totaled it. Second one, a 93 Dynasty, however has had a few problems. Like mentioned before, in cold weather the doors don't want to close. I had to remove the stiff grease from inside the door mechanisms and replace it with a graphite lubricate to fix. It also has the 3.3L engine and the belt squeaks on it too. Have tried 3 different belts. Fuel economy not what it should be. The 91 got about 25mpg, the 93 about 16mpg. Same engine .. still trying to figure it out.

Ride and comfort.

1993 Dynasty Marathoner
By GEORGEMJ

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and still have it with 340,000 miles. Has original engine, trans rebuilt at 300,000. Normal maintenance. Some minor problems but overall good performance. all it does is run. Won't quit. Got a new Hemi Charger but still drive the Dynasty to work.

Reliability. Gas mileage 23-24 mpg.

Lasted 8 Years - bought in 2000 - 2008
By Chrysler Dynasty km

1993 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Routine repairs & good commuter car. (Don't let this scare you I had this car a long time) Rusted on hood and roof after 5 years owned. Wish it had lumbar support, my knees were higher than my hips causing an occasional stiff hip (I'm under 30 years old). With a lumbar pillow not bad. It had good pickup before the transmission started slipping the last year owned. Lasted on a few road trips without problems, but a week later the car usually made me pay. The tires would wear quickly and went thru 4 batteries. I've seen plenty of these cars around town so they must be pretty affordable and somewhat reliable. Towards the end of its life it had to be jumped if sat longer than 3 days

pop out cup holders, sound system, speakers until they blew out, the v6 until trans started slipping at just under 300,000 km or 186,000 - had a decent life (my sister and friend had cars that were paid off in 5-7 years and were in worse shape) Power Windows, mirrors, locks, Cruise control, arm rests

Trunk leaked and driver's window, Faulty electrical work with battery cable and radio, trouble with wheel bearings and gas leak, fuel/water pump. Had few sets of tires and muffler (drove until it died several times) Had it's fair share of repairs, but for the price wasn't bad as having car payments.