Used 1992 Dodge Dynasty Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

Most Helpful|
one of the best
By Dyno II

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Dyno fresh off the assembly line. She only had 2 tenths of a mile on her when I signed the papers. Today she has over 180,000 miles and asking for more. I did have to replace the transmission, but at no cost the dealer paid (great). Original sound system was replaced with cd changer and in dash cd player. The air conditioner system has been charged only once (ice cold). For a better ride and style upgrade I moved up in tire size with chrome wheels. The Dyno is my work, pleasure, long road trip, and hauler. The trunk consumes almost anything I buy. I would buy another Dodge product but the one I have is still doing her job very well.

Favorite Features

VERY ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE....

Suggested Improvements

MAKE ANOTHER ONE.

Hey, it's 12 years old
By Jimmyd

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I work at a car dealership and took this in trade. Looked like new, 44,000 miles on it. I've driven it 10 miles and am most satisfied with the fuel economy, 20MPG in town, 28 on the road, with the 3.3. A/C was blowing warm, had one can of R-12 coolant and put it in, now the A/C is cold. Better than the A/C on my '02 Altima here in the Las Vegas heat! Sports car? No, but it looks like cars used to look, boxy, and has been very dependable. I see far newer and "better" cars on tow trucks day... as I pass 'em coming and going to work.

Favorite Features

Comfort, I'm 6'2 and 250 pounds. Cold A/C, even for Las Vegas summers. Economy, 20MPG day in day out, not bad for full size older car.

WOW
By Samantha

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my third car and I am 22 years old. To me this car would not have been my choice in car because of the appearance of it ( not being my style ). The car is super comfy and out of the other cars that I have owned this is the best one. However I am having a few problems with it. The hood latch is sticking, it stutters when I accelerate, and the buttons for the heat and air are sticking. With an old car I expect to have some problems but overall its a good car.

Favorite Features

The extremely comfy seats, the spacious cabin, and how everything is conveniently within reach of the driver, and the storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Could have come with a factory CD player, and the body could have been a little less bulky. Sturdy but not so bulky!

Great automobile
By Gromit

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Dynasty for two years now, and I am very happy with it. It's got 150k miles on it now, and still running fine. Nice and comfortable, plush and relaxing. I am also fairly tall, so I like the spacious cabin. I need to replace some front end bushings, and one hydrualic valve lifter has become a bit noisy, so it's probably due for a replacement. Nothing strange though, when a car has passed 150k miles. I keep up service intervals and oil changes, and I expect to take this car at least over 200k, hopefully more.

Favorite Features

Nice traditional styling. Large cabin. Fairly large trunk. Soft and comfortable seats. Wonderful highway cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Rides somewhat roughly over bumps. A folding rear seat would be a blessing and a half! The trunk is big, but doesn't accomodate long items.

Strong as an Ox at 125,000 miles
By Moonshadow

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my old Dynasty for 2 year and before then my grandma bought it new. The car has been a great vehicle for both of us. We did have to replace the original Transmision(which is the achillies heal of these otherwise solid cars) and it was with a better designed more up to date tranny.All thats been done since then was some basic mantinance, a o2 sensor, and a cold air intake. The car is quite powerful with great gas mileage(even without the upgraded air intake) and runs like a dream and looks great after a good car wash. Not a bad car to have , even for a 23 year old.

Favorite Features

Strong V6 engine, rides great, reliable, well tuned speaker housings that made even the factory system sound great. Great road trip machine even at its curret age

Suggested Improvements

the front end looks nice but the rear of the car looks UGLY! The paint is a little thin.