Used 1992 Dodge Dynasty LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

Performance racer
By Mechanic_Joe

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and it had over 400,000 mi on it. The transmission has never been replaced. \The major transmission problem a lot of people have is called a transmission filter, change it! It's like an oil filter. If you don't change it, a disaster could occur. I have overhauled this thing from top to bottom. I put in a high performance air intake from a 92 Mitsubishi 3000GT which shares the same engine and I put on a hood scoop, custom headlights, stobes, sirens, performance AV, and performance lifters, I squeezed 275 horsepower out of this granny car. Thing goes 0-60 in about three seconds. Take care of it and it will take care of you!

Favorite Features

Body style. It's a cool body style. I reshaped the front and put custom headlamps and taillamps in. I raised it and put 17" rally racing rims on it with low profile tires. Dual flowmaster exhaust with cherrybomb mufflers and metallic jet black paintjob with red accent stripes and custom bumpers.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing on it at all.

Hate to part with it
By ELEGANT BEAUTY

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

The $17,519 [including tax & tags] '92 Dynasty has been a most reliable, comfortable, and beautiful car. Was repainted the original gray several years ago, making its appearance especially nice even today. Rare item are leather seats special ordered. Saw only 2 others in all the years I've owned this Dynasty; and one of them was at the Washington DC Car show. Also added the wire wheels. Unfortunately, the car has been neglected in recent years. Things are breaking and not getting repaired because, somehow, they don't interfere with the car's operation. Waxed it last week, & managing to lose an irreplaceable wheel cover soon thereafter. Transmissions were notoriously weak on Dynasty

Favorite Features

Ability to to drive this car confidently is superior. Visibility of all 4 corners is so much better than my new 2008 car that it's hard to believe how poor today's styling has become. User unfriendly & dangerous. The Dynasty does not have that problem. Smooth riding and comfortable on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The '92 Dynasty wasn't fault free by a long shot. It was a luxury car without the exorbitant price tag. Today's price would approach $30,000 and the comfort and drivability might not equal it. I suggest they build them again! I got stranded only once in 16 years when the transmission broke

Best Car Ever Owned
By Ken S

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I can honstly say my 92 has been the best car I have owned, and I have owned many vehicles of different makes. It now has 193,000 miles on it with no major problems. The 3.3L engine delivers excellent performance and mileage for my daily commute. Other than tires, brakes, filters and tuneups the engine or transmission has never been tuched except for service. I have always changed oil every 3,000 miles and trans service every 30,000 miles. Most of the transmission problems associated with this particular vehicle appear to be from improper fluids, owner neglect, or a small problem ignored until it is disastorous. Cars need service no matter what it is.

Favorite Features

I really like the interior. It is really plush, well laid out where everything is in easy reach or viewing for the driver. The instrumentation for the car is extremely well illuminated at night and is easy to see.

Suggested Improvements

I feel the paint could have used a little more care. It seems to be a little on the thin side, but that may be the same for most newer cars.

Its a keeper
By BigDog

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Although it may seem like a granny car its suprisingly quick when you first put the pedal to the floor. The 3.3 V6 makes decent power and has been very reliable, 137,000 miles and no sign of slowin down.

Favorite Features

3.3 V6, plush interior, ample trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Mopar needs to take a lesson on how to build a good tranny.

80K, 10 years old, and still going
By johnb300m

1992 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

this has been one hell of a car. I inherited it from my parents when they got their 99 LHS. I know it's not an exciting car for an 18 year old, but it is very reliable, comfortable, roomy for the friends, and Chrysler's first ever V6 (3.3- 150HP, 190ft lb torque) is a powerful and bullet proof engine. My teen leadfoot is no match for this powertrain. The trans is rough around the edges at times, other times it shifts like butter. It's been a great car, and i set up my own Infinity sound system with Cd, and it rivals the factory Infinity systems. Love the car, will hate to see it go.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable interior, great supportive seats. roomy trunk. no rust, powerful, responsive and tourqy engine. Great performance for a 92, a true MOPAR sleeper car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs new struts, new plugs and wires. the clearcoat is starting to crack on the roof. will most likely have the car Re-clearcoated.