Used 1992 Dodge Dynasty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

WOW
By Samantha

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

This is my third car and I am 22 years old. To me this car would not have been my choice in car because of the appearance of it ( not being my style ). The car is super comfy and out of the other cars that I have owned this is the best one. However I am having a few problems with it. The hood latch is sticking, it stutters when I accelerate, and the buttons for the heat and air are sticking. With an old car I expect to have some problems but overall its a good car.

Favorite Features

The extremely comfy seats, the spacious cabin, and how everything is conveniently within reach of the driver, and the storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Could have come with a factory CD player, and the body could have been a little less bulky. Sturdy but not so bulky!

Performance racer
By Mechanic_Joe

1992 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and it had over 400,000 mi on it. The transmission has never been replaced. \The major transmission problem a lot of people have is called a transmission filter, change it! It's like an oil filter. If you don't change it, a disaster could occur. I have overhauled this thing from top to bottom. I put in a high performance air intake from a 92 Mitsubishi 3000GT which shares the same engine and I put on a hood scoop, custom headlights, stobes, sirens, performance AV, and performance lifters, I squeezed 275 horsepower out of this granny car. Thing goes 0-60 in about three seconds. Take care of it and it will take care of you!

Favorite Features

Body style. It's a cool body style. I reshaped the front and put custom headlamps and taillamps in. I raised it and put 17" rally racing rims on it with low profile tires. Dual flowmaster exhaust with cherrybomb mufflers and metallic jet black paintjob with red accent stripes and custom bumpers.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing on it at all.

Hate to part with it
By ELEGANT BEAUTY

1992 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

The $17,519 [including tax & tags] '92 Dynasty has been a most reliable, comfortable, and beautiful car. Was repainted the original gray several years ago, making its appearance especially nice even today. Rare item are leather seats special ordered. Saw only 2 others in all the years I've owned this Dynasty; and one of them was at the Washington DC Car show. Also added the wire wheels. Unfortunately, the car has been neglected in recent years. Things are breaking and not getting repaired because, somehow, they don't interfere with the car's operation. Waxed it last week, & managing to lose an irreplaceable wheel cover soon thereafter. Transmissions were notoriously weak on Dynasty

Favorite Features

Ability to to drive this car confidently is superior. Visibility of all 4 corners is so much better than my new 2008 car that it's hard to believe how poor today's styling has become. User unfriendly & dangerous. The Dynasty does not have that problem. Smooth riding and comfortable on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The '92 Dynasty wasn't fault free by a long shot. It was a luxury car without the exorbitant price tag. Today's price would approach $30,000 and the comfort and drivability might not equal it. I suggest they build them again! I got stranded only once in 16 years when the transmission broke

Hey, it's 12 years old
By Jimmyd

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I work at a car dealership and took this in trade. Looked like new, 44,000 miles on it. I've driven it 10 miles and am most satisfied with the fuel economy, 20MPG in town, 28 on the road, with the 3.3. A/C was blowing warm, had one can of R-12 coolant and put it in, now the A/C is cold. Better than the A/C on my '02 Altima here in the Las Vegas heat! Sports car? No, but it looks like cars used to look, boxy, and has been very dependable. I see far newer and "better" cars on tow trucks day... as I pass 'em coming and going to work.

Favorite Features

Comfort, I'm 6'2 and 250 pounds. Cold A/C, even for Las Vegas summers. Economy, 20MPG day in day out, not bad for full size older car.

one of the best
By Dyno II

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Dyno fresh off the assembly line. She only had 2 tenths of a mile on her when I signed the papers. Today she has over 180,000 miles and asking for more. I did have to replace the transmission, but at no cost the dealer paid (great). Original sound system was replaced with cd changer and in dash cd player. The air conditioner system has been charged only once (ice cold). For a better ride and style upgrade I moved up in tire size with chrome wheels. The Dyno is my work, pleasure, long road trip, and hauler. The trunk consumes almost anything I buy. I would buy another Dodge product but the one I have is still doing her job very well.

Favorite Features

VERY ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE....

Suggested Improvements

MAKE ANOTHER ONE.