1991 Dodge Dynasty 2.5L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic Consumer Review - This car I drive

1991 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Review

This car I drive
By Joshua_S on

1991 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

Well I was really loving this 91 dynasty of mine but just two days ago the transmission has almost completely failed. I guess Im going to have a used tranny put in but otherwise I was happy with this car. When it was given to me I hadn't had a single problem with it. Not one. It always started and still does even though its tranny wont shift gears. The thing is I am guessing on the mileage because the odometer broke at 47,000 k. I like the bench seats for the most part because they are quite comfortable. Not as ergonomic as the Japanese counter-parts but still comfortable. It does have a reasonably powerful engine but it isnt a smooth ride. Not as smooth as other cars I ride of same age.

Favorite Features

Bench seats, Roomy, Reasonable speakers for that age, Reliable other than transmission failure(getting to be that age)

Suggested Improvements

Id like to say make the transmission more mechanically sound but perhaps any car would do this at this age. I wish it had a cd player but you can get those. Also the car makes a High pitched whining all the time which is sort of annoying but can be overlooked.