1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:
LOVE MY GRANDMA CAR!!!
By JoshinColorado on 11/25/09 16:37 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dynasty from my Grandmother in 1998. She bought it from Budget car sales when it only had 30,000 miles on it. I bought it with 98,000 miles and as of today it currently has 200,000+ miles on it and is still running strong! I have had to rebuild the transmission but besides normal stuff that you need to repair/replace, I've never had a problem with it. It's NEVER left me stranded anywhere and the seats are still to this day so COMFY! The seats alone are every reason to own this car! Great engine, great comfort, great design! Dodge made a big mistake getting rid of this automobile! I'll drive it until the body rusts away!!!!!! LOVE MY DODGE!!!!

Just ok
By dodgedynasty91 on 12/04/05 21:36 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a Nissan dealership...they said an older couple traded it in. It had 101,000 miles, took it home, changed the oil, it appears the dealer put something in it to cover up a valve tap, so after changing the oil it started tapping. Later the odometer broke. Transmission started shifting hard, had a problem where it wouldn't start well. Overall it would go anywhere, it just had alot of glitches..

This car I drive
By Joshua_S on 04/02/05 16:36 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well I was really loving this 91 dynasty of mine but just two days ago the transmission has almost completely failed. I guess Im going to have a used tranny put in but otherwise I was happy with this car. When it was given to me I hadn't had a single problem with it. Not one. It always started and still does even though its tranny wont shift gears. The thing is I am guessing on the mileage because the odometer broke at 47,000 k. I like the bench seats for the most part because they are quite comfortable. Not as ergonomic as the Japanese counter-parts but still comfortable. It does have a reasonably powerful engine but it isnt a smooth ride. Not as smooth as other cars I ride of same age.

The good ole days in my 91 Dynasty
By paladin on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car i ever owned. I bought this vehicle as a rental return/ program car from a dealer that had 50 of them for sale , all at the same price.I drove 5 of them till i got the "right feel" on the one we bought,drove the salesman crazy, and i didnt care what the color was. We raised our young family in this car, and when we traded up to a van in 1998, my 10 year old son mourned our white Dynasty's passing like it was a dead relative ! In the 100K miles we put on this car all i did to it was brakes once, spark plugs twice,plug wires once, battery once, serpentine belt and the bearing it rode on once, and standard maintenance.

All the way with Dynasty
By smoothrider on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1991 Dynasty in October, 1991. It has been a great car. It now has 189,000 on it and of course it needs some work. The 3.3 V6 is a very good engine. It has a good ride and the styling. In 11 years I've only replaced two water pumps, a starter and a transmission overhaul at 155,000. The weakness that I see is that on most Dynasty's that have been over the road have rust at the bottom of the front right passenger door. Mine cost only cost $100 to fix. I was disappointed to find out that neither rear door opens from the inside, since about the 180,000 mile mark. I really like my Dynasty! I'll hate to see it go.

My going to school car
By heidi on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love it. Not only has it started every day it has never broken down like some of the other cars. I can recall a very cold winter day when most newer cars were stuck in the parking lot at the mall. My car started as if it was a sunny day for shorts. Its will be hard to give up some day but I will fix it untill it can go no more