1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:
My Beginning Car -
By oo7chick on 02/21/12 18:29 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Got this car given to me when I was 16 and drove it until I was 20, when it was stolen! Watch out - thieves like to steal this car just like another reviewer said! Luckily I found the car, recovered it and got it back 1 month later, and now it is still running today. This is a great car, very durable and takes abuse well. It is inexpensive to maintain and it extremely reliable. I'd highly recommend it if you're on a budget! It was great for someone like me just learning to drive. So happy I found this car.

LOVE MY GRANDMA CAR!!!
By JoshinColorado on 11/25/09 16:37 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dynasty from my Grandmother in 1998. She bought it from Budget car sales when it only had 30,000 miles on it. I bought it with 98,000 miles and as of today it currently has 200,000+ miles on it and is still running strong! I have had to rebuild the transmission but besides normal stuff that you need to repair/replace, I've never had a problem with it. It's NEVER left me stranded anywhere and the seats are still to this day so COMFY! The seats alone are every reason to own this car! Great engine, great comfort, great design! Dodge made a big mistake getting rid of this automobile! I'll drive it until the body rusts away!!!!!! LOVE MY DODGE!!!!

Just ok
By dodgedynasty91 on 12/04/05 21:36 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a Nissan dealership...they said an older couple traded it in. It had 101,000 miles, took it home, changed the oil, it appears the dealer put something in it to cover up a valve tap, so after changing the oil it started tapping. Later the odometer broke. Transmission started shifting hard, had a problem where it wouldn't start well. Overall it would go anywhere, it just had alot of glitches..

This car I drive
By Joshua_S on 04/02/05 16:36 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well I was really loving this 91 dynasty of mine but just two days ago the transmission has almost completely failed. I guess Im going to have a used tranny put in but otherwise I was happy with this car. When it was given to me I hadn't had a single problem with it. Not one. It always started and still does even though its tranny wont shift gears. The thing is I am guessing on the mileage because the odometer broke at 47,000 k. I like the bench seats for the most part because they are quite comfortable. Not as ergonomic as the Japanese counter-parts but still comfortable. It does have a reasonably powerful engine but it isnt a smooth ride. Not as smooth as other cars I ride of same age.

My Dynasty
By sreischman on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have the LE 3.3 liter and it's been a real pleasure to drive. I had to replace the transmission at 230,000 miles. Other than that, no problems at all. It's also extremely comfortable, but not if you are a very tall person. i would recommend it and am sorry it's no longer made. I currently have 168,000 miles on it.

Excellent Car
By shilo on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Have had for almost a year now, When I got it, it was and still is in Great shape, other than oxidization on hood,top of car, and trunk lid. It runs and drives just like brand new. at 166000 miles and still runs strong. Has awesome power for a V6, Transmission slips a little I keep thinking it will go soon.Interior is very roomy and comfortable for everyone, front and back. Very nice car.

The good ole days in my 91 Dynasty
By paladin on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car i ever owned. I bought this vehicle as a rental return/ program car from a dealer that had 50 of them for sale , all at the same price.I drove 5 of them till i got the "right feel" on the one we bought,drove the salesman crazy, and i didnt care what the color was. We raised our young family in this car, and when we traded up to a van in 1998, my 10 year old son mourned our white Dynasty's passing like it was a dead relative ! In the 100K miles we put on this car all i did to it was brakes once, spark plugs twice,plug wires once, battery once, serpentine belt and the bearing it rode on once, and standard maintenance.

Most Reliable Car I Ever Owned
By DynaMan on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Why did they stop producing this car? I guess it was a mistake to make a car that just won't die, lol! I bought my 91 Dynasty in 98 with less than 39k. It is truly a low maintenance very dependable (3.3L) car. It is like a good friend that never lets you down! My paint was bad too but I got a new paint job and it looked like brand new! Keep your eye on it because thieves like it. Mine was stolen, (I got it back a week later)

All the way with Dynasty
By smoothrider on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1991 Dynasty in October, 1991. It has been a great car. It now has 189,000 on it and of course it needs some work. The 3.3 V6 is a very good engine. It has a good ride and the styling. In 11 years I've only replaced two water pumps, a starter and a transmission overhaul at 155,000. The weakness that I see is that on most Dynasty's that have been over the road have rust at the bottom of the front right passenger door. Mine cost only cost $100 to fix. I was disappointed to find out that neither rear door opens from the inside, since about the 180,000 mile mark. I really like my Dynasty! I'll hate to see it go.

My going to school car
By heidi on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love it. Not only has it started every day it has never broken down like some of the other cars. I can recall a very cold winter day when most newer cars were stuck in the parking lot at the mall. My car started as if it was a sunny day for shorts. Its will be hard to give up some day but I will fix it untill it can go no more