Used 1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

Most Helpful|
My Beginning Car -
By oo7chick

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Got this car given to me when I was 16 and drove it until I was 20, when it was stolen! Watch out - thieves like to steal this car just like another reviewer said! Luckily I found the car, recovered it and got it back 1 month later, and now it is still running today. This is a great car, very durable and takes abuse well. It is inexpensive to maintain and it extremely reliable. I'd highly recommend it if you're on a budget! It was great for someone like me just learning to drive. So happy I found this car.

Favorite Features

For a boat gets decent gas mileage, comfy inside, looks stylish

Suggested Improvements

None, great as is

Just ok
By dodgedynasty91

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a Nissan dealership...they said an older couple traded it in. It had 101,000 miles, took it home, changed the oil, it appears the dealer put something in it to cover up a valve tap, so after changing the oil it started tapping. Later the odometer broke. Transmission started shifting hard, had a problem where it wouldn't start well. Overall it would go anywhere, it just had alot of glitches..

Favorite Features

The car was extremely comfortable,interior was strong, body was strong

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, odometer, gas mileage

LOVE MY GRANDMA CAR!!!
By JoshinColorado

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dynasty from my Grandmother in 1998. She bought it from Budget car sales when it only had 30,000 miles on it. I bought it with 98,000 miles and as of today it currently has 200,000+ miles on it and is still running strong! I have had to rebuild the transmission but besides normal stuff that you need to repair/replace, I've never had a problem with it. It's NEVER left me stranded anywhere and the seats are still to this day so COMFY! The seats alone are every reason to own this car! Great engine, great comfort, great design! Dodge made a big mistake getting rid of this automobile! I'll drive it until the body rusts away!!!!!! LOVE MY DODGE!!!!

Favorite Features

3.3L V6 engine, HUGE TRUNK, comfort, reliablity, GREAT handling in the snow (it's a tank), Easy to work on!!

Suggested Improvements

Interior door handle mounting was designed poorly.

My Dynasty
By sreischman

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have the LE 3.3 liter and it's been a real pleasure to drive. I had to replace the transmission at 230,000 miles. Other than that, no problems at all. It's also extremely comfortable, but not if you are a very tall person. i would recommend it and am sorry it's no longer made. I currently have 168,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

My favorite is that it's all electric tilt seats, the premium sound system and the general comfort for long drives.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for tall people. I'm 5'2" and it's perfect, but my son is 6'4" and he doesn;t have enough leg room.

This car I drive
By Joshua_S

1991 Dodge Dynasty Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well I was really loving this 91 dynasty of mine but just two days ago the transmission has almost completely failed. I guess Im going to have a used tranny put in but otherwise I was happy with this car. When it was given to me I hadn't had a single problem with it. Not one. It always started and still does even though its tranny wont shift gears. The thing is I am guessing on the mileage because the odometer broke at 47,000 k. I like the bench seats for the most part because they are quite comfortable. Not as ergonomic as the Japanese counter-parts but still comfortable. It does have a reasonably powerful engine but it isnt a smooth ride. Not as smooth as other cars I ride of same age.

Favorite Features

Bench seats, Roomy, Reasonable speakers for that age, Reliable other than transmission failure(getting to be that age)

Suggested Improvements

Id like to say make the transmission more mechanically sound but perhaps any car would do this at this age. I wish it had a cd player but you can get those. Also the car makes a High pitched whining all the time which is sort of annoying but can be overlooked.