1990 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:
A Great Car for its Time
By hobbles on 01/09/11 18:34 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used and the odometer was stuck at 86k miles so im not sure exactly how many miles were on it but I would say over 150k more than likely. I loved this car but the age of it started getting to me around my second year of driving it. The only problems was that the a/c quit on me which sucks in Florida and the shocks were in need of some attention, and the nail in the coffin for it was that the tranny quit and it was time to get a new car after the second year. I am drawn to this cars exterior for some reason it just looks great to me and I loved this ones color (champagne) the most. I would have kept this car as long as it ran if I got it 10 years ago but its to old now.

Good car, but transmission …
By mike on 04/13/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

Has been a good car, but the metal around the gas door has rusted out, nowhere else thou. We have had to rebuild the transmission once at 100,000 miles and got a junk yard trans the second time at 120,000ish... Talked to mechs and was told trans for these cars where crap junk yard trans had 60,000 miles so I have a few more to go before time to get rid of car. Electric window gear had to be replaced, odometer stopped moving at 124,512, radiator was changed. Besides the trans going bad more than enough, the other problems have been fairly minor for a car that is 18 yrs. Old... 3.3 engine has excellent power and will still put your head back into the seat when you kick it....

The eagle of the dodge
By banidad on 04/04/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

i have this car since 1994, and still love it, very reliable to drive, sharp, very comfortable, looks nice, i would buy another at any time. I can say for sure this is one of the best cars by dodge.

Pretty decent little car.
By BPatches701 on 09/05/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

I've got this car a while ago from a private party and after putting a new radiator, transmission filter, and spark plugs in it, I haven't had any other promlems other than the odometer doesnt work the a/c needs recharged (takes the r12) and the "high" on the blower switch quit about a month ago. All other speeds work. The gas mileage is pretty bad though. I get around 10 in town and 15 on the highway :(

GREAT CAR
By KRAZYKATHY on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT THE CAR WITH 29000 ON IT. NOW HAS OVER 90000. HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS OTHER THAN NORMAL MAINTENANCE. I WOULD BUY ANOTHER AT ANY TIME. RELIABILITY HAS BEEN 100%!!!! A FEW SQUEAKS AND RATTLES AT 15 BUT NOTHING TURNING THE RADIO UP A LITTLE WOULDN'T COVER.

Dodge! Oh Ya 3.3
By Dynasty Fan on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

Not a Looker(granny style) But quick, quiet, and comfortable.

Chrysler, you can do better than this!
By Ronald47 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

Transmission has been rebuilt twice at our expense. Since its last rebuild 6 months ago, it has gone into failsafe mode twice; Aamco washed their hands of it. Other items that have required repair or have stopped working have been the electric window gear mechanisms, memory electric seats, alarm system, odometer, speedometer, and cruise control. The Infinity sound system developed a screeching problem. A/C cuts out while accelerating. Had a wheel balance problem when the car was new and got into a major finger pointing contest between Chrysler and Goodyear; gave up fighting it and still have it.