Nothing more satisfying than American muscle
By dewarsandsoda on
2014 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)
My lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd was expiring and since my family was expanding, I required third row seating. I was going to return to a European nameplate such as GL550, but since I had had no problems with my Jeep, I had to consider the Durango. While the Durango is not as luxurious as a Mercedes or Audi, one still gets good value for the money. My RT AWD is fully loaded (Tech Pkg, Rear DVD, etc) and costs significantly less. The RT sits a little lower than a comparable Citadel and feels firmer when on the road and while going through turns. Its very smooth on the fwy with minimal road noise and the 8 speed shifts effortlessly.
Favorite Features
The roar of Hemi when I start the engine. Its a no brainer. Its certainly not green friendly (although Fox news would tell you Global Warming doesn't exist). But, you can at least use regular unleaded which saves some cash. I also like the very subtle styling like the old Audi S4's. My wife loves the UConnect system. For a technophile, its not terribly sexy but its extremely intuitive.
Suggested Improvements
Make it a little easier to access the third row.