No idea I would ever puchase a Dodge..but this SUV is incredible
By mad_cuban on
2014 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
Been buying Japanese cars for decades - and when the wife's Honda Pilot was ready to be traded in - assumed we would just go with a Pilot. Unfortunately the Pilot's reviews kept talking about the EVO vibration that quite honestly was a deal killer for me - not to mention it is due for a refresh. When looking for 3 row SUV's, we tried a few of them - GMC Acadia, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander and the Pilot. None of them came close in terms of looks, styling, functionality and muscle. Of course I am concerned about the long term reliability, but this model seems to have been greatly improved since being introduced, and reliability has been decent with the 2011 and up models.
Favorite Features
My wife will tell you one thing - the heated steering wheel. In fact, the entire heating system (wheel, seats, climate control) - is incredible. I would say that I am most impressed with two things - the technology included with the premium package (Navi, UConnect, Remote Start, etc.) and the safety package (park assist, land crossover and blind spot detection, etc.). One big negative was that I needed to upgrade to 20 inch tires to get anything on the dealer lot. Sure, they look great and probably add some resale value at the end, but they are also more expensive to replace and ride a bit harder than I would prefer.
Suggested Improvements
Take the 20 inch out of the premium package and keep as a stand alone upgrade. Reliability will hopefully be good - otherwise I may regret my decision to go with an American (I guess Italian really) auto company.