2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Awesome SUV

2014 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Awesome SUV
By bigsky_klx on

2014 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Probably one of the best SUV's out there right now. I bought my wife a bare bones SXT with upgraded 8.4 touchscreen and heated seats/steering wheel. She loves it and won't let me drive everywhere anymore. Comes nicely loaded and doesn't feel cheap even in the base SXT trim. If fact you have to hunt for any options it is missing. No one can tell it isn't a Citadel model. The 3.6 has the perfect balance of power and economy. Honestly I don't think the hemi is needed unless you plan on towing with it. It has a useable 3rd row. It comes down the same assembly line as the Jeep Grand Cherokee that has won all the best quality build awards. Also, it is on the Consumer Reports Recommended list.

Favorite Features

Backup camera, heated seat and heated steering wheel, remote start, a 3rd seat that can fit adults, nice stereo and good sounding speakers for base trim, awesome 3.6 Pentastar engine and 8-speed transmission, super tight turning radius, and a large SUV that can actually fit in garages and parking spaces with ease.

Suggested Improvements

On the base model, I don't have an automatic rear hatch button in the car or on the remote. I have to use the real handle on the hatch itself, not a big deal, just something that I figured was standard on every SUV these days. Other than that, I can't find anything to fault.