2014 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Perfect Ride
By gvtrai58 on 08/30/14 21:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was born in the 60's and grew up in the 70's when Chrysler didn't exactly have the best reputation among auto makers. I discovered the 2014 Durango because I use one very frequently for the company I work for. I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is. I used to joke around about the Durango being as smooth as a Mercedes. Then, I found out it shares the same platform as the Mercedes GL series. So, when my wife needed another vehicle I decided to get her a Durango. She picked out a 2014 Rallye package and loves it. The kids love it. The car is so quiet and smooth. The gas mileage is great. After 8000 miles we average about 22mpg. No maintenance issues.

Best Kept Secret for Mid-Sized SUVs
By f_black on 08/27/14 17:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

All in all after 2 months of ownership this vehicle has been absolutely outstanding. For my needs (suburban tasks, weekend fun) its exceeded my expectations. Very high quality, ergonomic interior that is comfortable and utility orientated as a daily driver. But for me the clincher is the road dynamics - taut handling and the Hemi that kicks in at all the right moments brings a smile every time. I do know its not a mid-engine exotic (at 5300 lbs) but for a domesticated male this is superbly satisfying! Do not take my word for it - test drive it if you can find one (R/T).

Great MPG and Thoughtful Technology
By tabjaxx on 08/22/14 15:11 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had this Durango Limited AWD model for 2 months and 3000 miles. I compared to Highlander, Pathfinder, and Acadia, but $6500 in incentives lured me to the Durango. Love the styling of the back of the SUV, not so crazy about the usual Dodge look of the front. Have had issues with the Tire Pressure Monitoring system that took 3 trips to the dealership to resolve (software). Overall MPG is 24, which is great for a car this size. Has a smooth but firm ride. The electronic interfaces in the car are great. Lots of nice interior lighting touches. Beware CD player is an option and is placed in the center console, not the dash. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Just hope it's reliable.

Steering column is broke and is on national back order
By mileymoo on 07/11/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my Durango in February of 2014. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, it was my dream machine too. I really enjoyed driving it. My only criticism was that the inside storage capacity is compromised by having a DVD player in the compartment between the two front seats. However, soon after, I noticed that during hard acceleration, my RPMs were going up without the car actually accelerating. Took it to the dealer, and was told that the steering column is defected, and that can affect the transmission, as well as abs breaks, which could make the car dangerous to drive. It has been 5 business days since they ordered a part, and the part is still on backorder

My wife's dream machine
By pcrmike on 06/30/14 12:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well, after looking at all the other three-row SUVs out there, and driving a bunch of them, my wife fell head over heels for the styling and features of the Durango Citadel. It was thousands cheaper then the competing vehicles from Buick and GMC, while driving better IMHO, plus, the interior quality as well as the feature ease and understanding of the intuitive controls was the best in class in our view. Our black granite pearl with chrome Durango turns heads everywhere, and with it's glare in front and racetrack taillights out back, the first night we had it, our son remarked, "Lord Vader, your ship is here". The ride and drive is stunningly solid and quiet. LOVE IT!

Nothing Better In Its Class!
By dbalsam on 05/27/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My wife and I are still shocked we are driving a Durango. Wife traded her 2008 Infiniti QX56 which she loved but it had a lot of miles on it so it was time for something new/newer. Cross-shopped QX56, QX60, Pathfinder, Acadia, Enclave, MDX, Explorer. Stumbled upon Durango Citadel model and was shocked. The interior quality and tech options are amazing and the exterior is unique as well. Drives so nice and smooth. Ton of looks by people trying to figure out what it is as there are not many on the road. If they sold under Jeep as Extended Grand Cherokee they would sell a ton as it is built on same platform along with Mercedes GL SUV. Ok though as I like our "secret". Test drive one!

I can't believe I'm driving a Dodge
By bigredjumbo on 05/01/14 17:15 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Been in the market for a 3 row SUV for over a year. I waited for the new Chevy Tahoe to come out - and it is really nice but very expensive. Read great reviews on the Durango, test drove it and thought it was the best bang for your buck. The styling is aggressive and the inside is refined. Looked at the GMC Acadia as well and it was just "ok" - the wow factor was not there. The Durango has it. I put reliability at 5, but to be honest I have not had it long enough to really rate it - I guess I'm hoping it will be a 5.

Sporty and Practical all in one!
By gmr1984 on 04/25/14 15:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

After about a year of vehicle research we decided on The 2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD. I could not be happier with the decision. The Durango is everything anyone could need. My family of four rides very comfortably anywhere we go. The kids love the dual entertainment screens in second row. I love my Alpine sound system, and my husband loves the hemi. I love that we are able to tow a boat, drive safely in the snow, and take long trips comfortably. The gas mileage isn't the best, but what would you expect with the Hemi?

Nothing more satisfying than American muscle
By dewarsandsoda on 03/09/14 21:00 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd was expiring and since my family was expanding, I required third row seating. I was going to return to a European nameplate such as GL550, but since I had had no problems with my Jeep, I had to consider the Durango. While the Durango is not as luxurious as a Mercedes or Audi, one still gets good value for the money. My RT AWD is fully loaded (Tech Pkg, Rear DVD, etc) and costs significantly less. The RT sits a little lower than a comparable Citadel and feels firmer when on the road and while going through turns. Its very smooth on the fwy with minimal road noise and the 8 speed shifts effortlessly.

No idea I would ever puchase a Dodge..but this SUV is incredible
By mad_cuban on 03/06/14 10:14 AM (PST)

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Been buying Japanese cars for decades - and when the wife's Honda Pilot was ready to be traded in - assumed we would just go with a Pilot. Unfortunately the Pilot's reviews kept talking about the EVO vibration that quite honestly was a deal killer for me - not to mention it is due for a refresh. When looking for 3 row SUV's, we tried a few of them - GMC Acadia, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander and the Pilot. None of them came close in terms of looks, styling, functionality and muscle. Of course I am concerned about the long term reliability, but this model seems to have been greatly improved since being introduced, and reliability has been decent with the 2011 and up models.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Dodge Durango Suv in VA is:

$183 per month*