Used 2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2014 Dodge Durango
By Greg Scheitel

2014 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great vehicle for the family. We really like the comfort, handling, and storage of the vehicle. I really like the performance of the engine and how smooth it rides. I am a little disappointed in a couple features that I think should be standard features. I think for safety Chrysler should have the daytime running lights and the push button liftgate as standard. Overall a very stylish looking vehicle with good performance and family friendly.

My favorite vehicle
By Chris M

2014 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I wanted to write a review because satisfied customers rarely write reviews. We have had our Durango for over 2 years and absolutely love it. We didn't get the high end package, just the lowest level that also includes the towing package. We have a 20ft Forest River RPod camper that the Durango tows easily. I just recently used it tow the camper from Nevada to Illinois and had no problems whatsoever, except for 6 inches of expected snow while towing. The surefooted AWD Durango had no troubles whatsoever. The load leveling suspension works very well and I don't even have a weight distribution hitch, just sway control. There have been a couple of reprograms of the computer that were easily handled at home when Chrysler mailed a USB to do the update yourself. No biggie, glad they are staying on top of it. Most computer programs even on your home PC need updating at least once a month. So, we have been very, very pleased with our purchase and you just can't beat the styling.

Nightmare to own, great to look at
By Richard Watson

2014 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you buy one of these cars, DO NOT get the high-end version. The citadel trim level is plagued with problems and they just never quit. The dealerships are poorly prepared to repair the car. You will frequently leave your car with them for days only to hear that they can't find or recreate the problem - FYI, make videos with your cell phone - it helps your sanity. It won't make them recreate anything, but at least when they are telling you it doesn't do that, you can say "oh, but what would this be then..."

In the first year of ownership, we wasted months between the dealership and Chrysler's Complaint line. Note that if you don't get the Chrysler complaint line involved early on, everything from the time you call them forward is a separate issue in their minds. At least 3 times in the first year, they rented us a car keeping our nice Durango for a middle of the line rental car, told us someone was flying out to look at it, waited for some part, returned the car to us, only to have it fail again!

When it is working, it's a wonderful car. The rest of the time, it'll make you insane.

Total let-down. :(
By Zoomn

2014 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car has been plagued with issues from week one of ownership when I was left stranded in an intersection two hours from home. Over my first year it spent over 45 days at the dealer for various repairs and has one electrical concern with the audio system that not only remains, but has no apparent fix available in the foreseeable future. The sad part is that it's a really nice vehicle to drive and has some nice design touches, but between some of the dealer experiences and all of the problems I simply cannot, in good faith, recommend it.

I like this Durango more than my last
By D Calvert

2014 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)