Fits my family's needs... perfectly
By m_mora15 on
2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I did an exhaustive search (in other words: I was looking for a bargain). We weren't looking for anything fancy, but we had to find an SUV with 3-rows, decent mpg's, something we can take camping, doesn't look like a giant rollerskate (quadruple check)... And we found one, the 2013 Dodge Durango. First, I REALLY like the exterior. The front looks very manly. The side view is ok, but the rear is reminiscent of older BMW's and its cousin the JEEP Grand Cherokee... fancy. Plenty of room for our luggage with the 3rd row folded down. Overall, very attractive vehicle.
Favorite Features
We really like the interior. It is so much quieter that my 2004 mazda3, which makes having a conversation on the hwy possible. The seats are sturdy, and never got uncomfortable on our vacation. The dashboard/steering wheel look AND feel very upscale. My 3yr old loves the 3rd row. My wife loves that the 2nd row reclines, so she can be comfortable with our kids on long trips. I really like all the extra storage and extra charge ports around the vehicle (2 in front, 1 in back). The dual zone a/c works really great. And the satellite radio didn't lose reception anywhere between Phoenix and Roswell.
Suggested Improvements
The CONs for me are: some body hardware isn't as sturdy as in some other vehicles we test drove (Santa Fe, Traverse). And we did have one defect that got repaired (the tailgate wouldn't lock)... Oh yeah, I need to add some sidebars/steps so I don't tear my nice pants:) We are a family of four, so there's even room for the mother in law... and her luggage...