After 1100 miles
By waygrabow on
2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
It is everything I expected. The Durango got a good review from Edmunds staff, and I have learned to trust their reviews. Consumers Reports also rated the Durango tops in customer satisfaction which says something. This is the first Chrysler product I have ever purchased. I looked at the Explorer, CX-9, new Pathfinder, Highlander, and Pilot also. The Durango matches the others in most attributes and exceeds them in having the shortest turning radius (maneuverability), longest driving range, and highest towing capacity. It is also great looking.
Favorite Features
Can't think of any individual features that stand out, but the car is quiet, composed, and does everything it should in a very smooth fashion. The media package has more features than I will ever use. I am looking forward to trying the backup camera to help me hitch up to our boat trailer this summer.
Suggested Improvements
Every vehicle I looked at had third row seats which we will never use. The third row seats (on all the SUVs) come with arm rests which intrude on the cargo space even when the seats themselves are folded down. Sure would be nice if that were a delete-able option. I would rather have the cargo space.