Used 2013 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great value - this is for V8 Citadel with all options
By zmra09

2013 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 2011 Traverse LTZ that we were very happy with. Liked the dependability and the room. We were just looking for something nicer inside and with a little better ride and quieter. We looked at Acura MDX (too small even the new one); New Traverse and Buick (mild refresh not too exciting); Infiniti QX60 (nice, a little slower and would have been $10k more than our fully loaded Durango Citadel. From the first moment I drove the new 2014 Durango I was impressed by the handling; how solid and quiet it was; the ease of use of the Uconnect control system, and the performance. We got a fully loaded Durango Citadel with with 5.7 L Hemi V8.

Favorite Features

Interior quality is excellent - on par with Acura; Infiniti; MB and BMW. Uconnect works great: The ventilated seats are great for Texas weather; The sound and DVD entertainment system is great; V8 is fun to have - wife just reported 24.8 mpg on a 250 mile road trip (we've only had the Durango for 2 weeks). Mixed in town and commuting mileage is 17-18 mpg. We also like the adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring. I especially like how it rides, handles and how quiet it is inside. The sound system makes it sound like you are at the movie theater when watching a DVD.

Suggested Improvements

Very few: 1) adjustable opening height of the auto rear hatch (this is the one feature we would really like that other have) 2) sliding second row seats - although leg room is still pretty good. 3) if it had as much interior room as the Chevy Traverse. That is about it. So far this vehicle is near perfect.

The Perfect SUV!! Love it
By srs293

2013 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is simply amazing. We looked at the Tahoe, Suburban, which were both overly priced and pretty plain on the inside. We then looked at the Nissan Armada, which was comfortable but the gas mpg was 13. We then looked at the 2013 Ford Expedition Limited and it had very loud road noise. Then we found it! The AWD, 5.7 Liter RT Durango. It's fast, very comfortable. Has every option out there and rides soooo smooth. We absolutely love the SUV. Best in class by far.

Favorite Features

Hemi 5.7 V8, Lot's of power. Love the sound of that engine throttle. Super comfy seats. Rear camera, moon roof, Nav. Everything

Suggested Improvements

None really. Put some Hemi badges on it

Fits my family's needs... perfectly
By m_mora15

2013 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I did an exhaustive search (in other words: I was looking for a bargain). We weren't looking for anything fancy, but we had to find an SUV with 3-rows, decent mpg's, something we can take camping, doesn't look like a giant rollerskate (quadruple check)... And we found one, the 2013 Dodge Durango. First, I REALLY like the exterior. The front looks very manly. The side view is ok, but the rear is reminiscent of older BMW's and its cousin the JEEP Grand Cherokee... fancy. Plenty of room for our luggage with the 3rd row folded down. Overall, very attractive vehicle.

Favorite Features

We really like the interior. It is so much quieter that my 2004 mazda3, which makes having a conversation on the hwy possible. The seats are sturdy, and never got uncomfortable on our vacation. The dashboard/steering wheel look AND feel very upscale. My 3yr old loves the 3rd row. My wife loves that the 2nd row reclines, so she can be comfortable with our kids on long trips. I really like all the extra storage and extra charge ports around the vehicle (2 in front, 1 in back). The dual zone a/c works really great. And the satellite radio didn't lose reception anywhere between Phoenix and Roswell.

Suggested Improvements

The CONs for me are: some body hardware isn't as sturdy as in some other vehicles we test drove (Santa Fe, Traverse). And we did have one defect that got repaired (the tailgate wouldn't lock)... Oh yeah, I need to add some sidebars/steps so I don't tear my nice pants:) We are a family of four, so there's even room for the mother in law... and her luggage...

so far so good
By dokutman

2013 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

purchased this new, may of 2013. Have put close to 6k miles on it already, but that included a trip to florida from md. Getting very decent gas milage for such a big vehicle, with AWD. Rides great, its quiet, with plenty of power. I average 23-24mpg in mixed driving, but got over 27mpg on the last fillup on the way home from florida! So far we've been very happy with this vehicle, and will post an update down the road....

Favorite Features

comfort, audio/nav system, gas mileage

Durango 2013
By mc9

2013 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2003 Durango and the improvements in its ride and handling are remarkable. I bought it at Capital Chrysler in Garner from Sal R., who is a very good rep and takes care of his customer during and after the sale.

Favorite Features

The comfort and ride is really good. I have to watch my speed it handles so well and smooth. Lots of room in the cargo area and one of the main reasons I bought another Durango. The back up camera is great, something I was skeptical about. The touch screen radio is very handy too.

Suggested Improvements

I would definitely change the stick shift for the transmission options. It is very easy to knock it into 1st when you are in drive. The transmission also seems to rev up at times as it goes up and down hills. I would also recommend to get running boards.