Used 2013 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Happy for Dodge
By Jerry C

2013 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

They made this one properly. Good for Dodge/Mercedes.

A/C
By suyoung

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the car until there were so many small recalls and the A/C did not work after three years since I bought the car new in Michigan. There was an inch and a half clean cut to the main tube. The manufacturer declined to help to pay, and the dealership I went to was horrible. I took my car to an A/C certified mechanic whom was familiar with Dodge. He said the main A/C tube was right next to the transmition metal shield. Either the main tube was corroded with all the salt and all from the snowy road or it was due to the metal vibration. Either way, wasn't the tube to last its life time? I have never had any A/C problem with any other car before. I think it is a defect.

Love/hate relationship
By Rastara

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I'm having a love hate relationship with my 2013 Durango SXT. Currently at 64k miles. This truck does everything I want it to- the ride is great incl. acceleration , braking, comfort etc. gas mileage is great IMO for the size of the vehicle- up to 28mpg with the amply powered V6. It also tows my 5x10 cargo trailer with ease. Having said this, there have been recalls incl. a new alternator, fuel pump relay, brake booster shield. When I had the truck at the dealer they discovered a leaky water pump, (replaced/covered by warranty),a cracked thermostat housing (covered), a blown rear shock(not covered) which took the rear sway bar bushings with it. Also had an AC problem blowing warm air (covered). So I had the shocks replaced at a cost of $320 incl. parts. My main concern is on the first trip to the dealer for recall work it was discovered the main wiring harness was pinched between the body and frame in the engine compartment. They "fixed" it at the dealer but WTF does that mean? To me it is a clear indication of a build quality issue. I luckily purchased the 5yr 100k mile warranty from Chrysler or else I would have to pay a huge repair bill. This truck has the superb Mercedes 5 speed tranny which is rated to 600 hp. The dealer has been good and no complaints there. So there it is, the good and bad. Having owned my share of vehicles, the Japanese are catching my eye simply because of their reliability, that is a fact.

2 words..... Electrical Problems
By Rats

2013 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our Dodge Durango Citadel is a beautiful car. Comfort and performance wise it is the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. Unfortunately the fun stops there. Dodge has several recalls out on this vehicle that they don't have the parts to fix. Our car currently won't start due to a recall issue and the dealership has no idea how to fix the problem because there are no parts to fix the issue. Imagine owning a 50000 dollar vehicle that won't start and has an unfixed brake booster recall. That is the Dodge experience.

Buyer Beware!
By L Falcon

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2013 Dodge Durango looks nice from the outside, BUT inside...the acceleration is mediocre for a 6cyl, air condition takes a while to cool, uncomfortable front seats, a 3-row seating arrangement inside should always include roof racks in my opinion (no roof rack). Most important thing is that this Dodge Durango has had 3-4 recalls since it was purchase in 2014 and every time Dodge has not moved quickly to make the necessary repairs. Their standard answer is always..."the part is not in yet". All the recalls mention possible crash if the issues are not repaired however, Dodge seems to not care about the safety of their customers. It has taken over 6 months for parts to finally become available for each recall and they have not bothered to contact us when that happens. I will not be buying another Dodge ever again.