Used 2013 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2 words..... Electrical Problems
By Rats

2013 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our Dodge Durango Citadel is a beautiful car. Comfort and performance wise it is the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. Unfortunately the fun stops there. Dodge has several recalls out on this vehicle that they don't have the parts to fix. Our car currently won't start due to a recall issue and the dealership has no idea how to fix the problem because there are no parts to fix the issue. Imagine owning a 50000 dollar vehicle that won't start and has an unfixed brake booster recall. That is the Dodge experience.

Buyer Beware!
By L Falcon

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2013 Dodge Durango looks nice from the outside, BUT inside...the acceleration is mediocre for a 6cyl, air condition takes a while to cool, uncomfortable front seats, a 3-row seating arrangement inside should always include roof racks in my opinion (no roof rack). Most important thing is that this Dodge Durango has had 3-4 recalls since it was purchase in 2014 and every time Dodge has not moved quickly to make the necessary repairs. Their standard answer is always..."the part is not in yet". All the recalls mention possible crash if the issues are not repaired however, Dodge seems to not care about the safety of their customers. It has taken over 6 months for parts to finally become available for each recall and they have not bothered to contact us when that happens. I will not be buying another Dodge ever again.

40,000 hard miles later
By lheckert

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned multiple vehicles (cars & SUVs) I knew what I what on my must have list when I began my search. After extensive research I had decided that the Durango was it. My Durango SXT now has 40,000 miles, hard miles, and has never let me down. I have religiously changed my oil every 10,000 miles with synthetic and just put 4 new tires on it. Generally I would be considering to trade a year in with 40k miles but not with the Durango, I plan to keep her for the duration.

Park Sense & Back up camera, one touch automatic windows, Gas Mileage 20/24

If the front row seats are all the way back the 2nd row can't tumble to allow access to the 3rd row. Tiny glovebox

Great value - this is for V8 Citadel with all options
By zmra09

2013 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 2011 Traverse LTZ that we were very happy with. Liked the dependability and the room. We were just looking for something nicer inside and with a little better ride and quieter. We looked at Acura MDX (too small even the new one); New Traverse and Buick (mild refresh not too exciting); Infiniti QX60 (nice, a little slower and would have been $10k more than our fully loaded Durango Citadel. From the first moment I drove the new 2014 Durango I was impressed by the handling; how solid and quiet it was; the ease of use of the Uconnect control system, and the performance. We got a fully loaded Durango Citadel with with 5.7 L Hemi V8.

Interior quality is excellent - on par with Acura; Infiniti; MB and BMW. Uconnect works great: The ventilated seats are great for Texas weather; The sound and DVD entertainment system is great; V8 is fun to have - wife just reported 24.8 mpg on a 250 mile road trip (we've only had the Durango for 2 weeks). Mixed in town and commuting mileage is 17-18 mpg. We also like the adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring. I especially like how it rides, handles and how quiet it is inside. The sound system makes it sound like you are at the movie theater when watching a DVD.

Very few: 1) adjustable opening height of the auto rear hatch (this is the one feature we would really like that other have) 2) sliding second row seats - although leg room is still pretty good. 3) if it had as much interior room as the Chevy Traverse. That is about it. So far this vehicle is near perfect.

The Perfect SUV!! Love it
By srs293

2013 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is simply amazing. We looked at the Tahoe, Suburban, which were both overly priced and pretty plain on the inside. We then looked at the Nissan Armada, which was comfortable but the gas mpg was 13. We then looked at the 2013 Ford Expedition Limited and it had very loud road noise. Then we found it! The AWD, 5.7 Liter RT Durango. It's fast, very comfortable. Has every option out there and rides soooo smooth. We absolutely love the SUV. Best in class by far.

Hemi 5.7 V8, Lot's of power. Love the sound of that engine throttle. Super comfy seats. Rear camera, moon roof, Nav. Everything

None really. Put some Hemi badges on it