Traded my Acura for this and LOVE it!
By snowskier68 on
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I traded my 2004 Acura MDX for this Dodge Durango Citadel and have no regrets whatsoever. This is my first-ever American made car and I am thoroughly impressed. First, it looks so fantastic that I'm thrilled to walk up to and get into it every time. Once inside, I'm greeted with comfortable seats and every amenity I've ever imagined. It feels truly luxurious and I feel pampered. Third row is spacious enough, second row is great, cargo capacity is wonderful. The ride is smooth and quiet on the 20" tires. One small complaint: steering wheel makes a slight rattling sound at low speeds. It's somewhat annoying so I will have that checked next time I visit the dealer. I have put 3,000 miles on it.
Favorite Features
The stereo! I'm an audiophile and this sub rocks! Also LOVE the exterior styling -- have had lots of compliments and people asking, "What IS that?" Heated steering wheel -- never want to be without that again!
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel mileage. I'm getting what I expected, but I would think it could be improved. I think the transmission could be a little smoother, too. (I have the v-6.)
By snowskier68
on 01/17/13 13:17 PM (PST)

UPDATE: I have now owned this car for nearly a year. Actually, I leased it and I'm already thinking I won't want to give it up in two years. That little steering wheel rattle I mentioned above took care of itself. I have not had to go to the dealer even once for any problem. I could not be happier with this vehicle. Salesperson told me 2016 will be the last for this SUV. I plan to buy it so I can keep it. Hauls so much, extremely comfortable, very very quiet, great in the snow. Honestly, I am happy to drive it all the time. I already have 14,500 miles on it. Definitely put it on your short list. No, just go buy it. Oh--up until this Dodge I've been a Honda, Acura, Toyota, Mazda, Volvo owner. No regrets with this Dodge. This might just be my favorite of all of them.