Love this SUV!
By headshrink on
2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
First time owning a Dodge/Chrysler product and I have to say so far I am seriously impressed. The initial impression with build quality is outstanding! There are no creaks or noises anywhere. I test drove basically every mid-sized SUV that had that had a third row seat. The Durango was the final car I was testing and as soon as I drove it I knew that I would be buying it. Actually I ended up leasing it because I was nervous about buying a Chrysler product due to their recent history and, their lease incentives here in Southern California were so good it was hard to resist. I have car pooled with the kids for two weeks now and have taken it off-road twice. This vehicle did very well in both situations and everything in between so far. I basically do no freeway driving so my mileage is around 15mpg and I am being light on the pedal. This SUV handles better than most cars I have owned, the turning radius is unreal. There is very little body roll on turns, especially considering this vehicle weighs 5000lbs. The balance they have struck seems hard to attain, it has a masculine SUV look but drives like a car and seats 7. My only gripe is that I wish it came with skid plates, but I can buy the package for $250 (at least that is what I read online). If you are in the market for an SUV with 3rd row seating, you would be foolish not to test drive this one.
Favorite Features
Looks Ride Interior feel
Suggested Improvements
None so far