2012 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Hhhmmmmm...
By gib21043 on 12/08/11 19:03 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have purhcased a 2012 Dodge Durango. The car I purchased made it about 9 miles before it was broken. It has taken the dealership nearly two weeks to repair. After 2 weeks of arguing with various people to get the issue resolved and being promised a replacement car they managed to fix mine. When I left the dealership the odometer had 56 miles on it (this is not a typo), by the time I got it back it had 75 miles on it.

AMAZING VEHICLE
By bepractical2 on 11/24/11 00:29 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased a 2012 durango in metallic blue. It's amazing, handling and power is really great. It has alot of power as well as decent gas mileage for an SUV. I got all the extras with this, leather, heated seats, power liftgate, remote start, I also added a small hitch for business. I love it. I recommend this vehicle highly. AWD is a must, I wouldn't get this in 2WD only AWD.

Love this SUV!
By headshrink on 11/03/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First time owning a Dodge/Chrysler product and I have to say so far I am seriously impressed. The initial impression with build quality is outstanding! There are no creaks or noises anywhere. I test drove basically every mid-sized SUV that had that had a third row seat. The Durango was the final car I was testing and as soon as I drove it I knew that I would be buying it. Actually I ended up leasing it because I was nervous about buying a Chrysler product due to their recent history and, their lease incentives here in Southern California were so good it was hard to resist. I have car pooled with the kids for two weeks now and have taken it off-road twice. This vehicle did very well in both situations and everything in between so far. I basically do no freeway driving so my mileage is around 15mpg and I am being light on the pedal. This SUV handles better than most cars I have owned, the turning radius is unreal. There is very little body roll on turns, especially considering this vehicle weighs 5000lbs. The balance they have struck seems hard to attain, it has a masculine SUV look but drives like a car and seats 7. My only gripe is that I wish it came with skid plates, but I can buy the package for $250 (at least that is what I read online). If you are in the market for an SUV with 3rd row seating, you would be foolish not to test drive this one.

Wow, what a vehicle!
By jasonmoore on 09/22/11 07:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

(BTW, this is a review of the Citadel V8 model, not available to choose from the list) I origiannaly had a 2011 Traverse and it was a nice vehicle with some great room and features. I was however, unhappy with the looks of it as well as the cheap "feel" of the interior. (I owned the LTZ model) I was always looking for a nice suv that had a more manly style and still had the luxury inside without paying for an escalade. Enter the 2012 Durango Citadel! OMG, this vehicle has it all. All of the cool tech features you could ever want, super luxurious interior, and a badass look on the outside! If there is one caveat I have, it is the plastic rim covers. An amazing vehicle overall!

2nd time around
By momscar12 on 09/12/11 04:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I started out with a 2011 Express model mid-July. 1 month later I was rear ended in a collision. So, after seeing what the car did and the safety features the Durango offers, I got another one. Second time around I could only get the 2012 - there are just a few changes from the two models. So far I love it again. It's a great car to drive, comfortable, luxiourious even in the "base" model, very roomy but not too big, and makes for a cool mom or dad kid-hauler. The vehicle handles very well for the size and has a lot of "get up and go" with the V-6 engine. Real road hwy experience: if you drive the speed limit and use cruise control, you can get into the high 20's in gas mileage!

Great SUV
By write_erase on 09/02/11 11:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We wanted to replace my wife’s 07 Lexus RX with a bigger vehicle so she test drove a 2012 Explorer and then the 2012 Durango. I went with her on the Durango test drive only so I cannot compare it to the Explorer, but I was totally impressed with the Durango after seeing how good it looks and driving it. It handles much better than our Lexus with hardly any body lean at all. I was so impressed that I did not see the need to test drive anything else. My wife liked the Durango better than the Explorer because of how it drove, the 2nd and 3rd row seat space was better, and the technology/controls are easier to use. For example the navigation in the Durango is a Garmin unit that is really easy to use, she said the Explorer navigation system seemed like it was going to be a lot more complicated and she might need to take a class to learn how to use the touch system. We did not want to get leather in this vehicle yet we were able to get a ton of other features. Most other brands make you buy their leather package to get push-button start, 2 driver position presets, rain sensing wipers, upgraded stereo, etc. I think a Honda I bought one time I had to buy their leather package just to get a sunroof. We got all these things and did not have to buy leather that we were not interested in. The base stereo in the Crew is a 9 speaker Alpine system with a 500 Watt amp. This is the base stereo and is not an extra charge, I was totally surprised to learn this when I saw the Alpine amp in the back. We also got the navigation which I think added a 40GB hard drive to store music on. I have never owned a Chrysler or Dodge vehicle in my life but this seemed like a really easy choice for both me and my wife after looking at the Durango up close.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Durango Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*