2nd time around
By momscar12 on
2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
First off, I started out with a 2011 Express model mid-July. 1 month later I was rear ended in a collision. So, after seeing what the car did and the safety features the Durango offers, I got another one. Second time around I could only get the 2012 - there are just a few changes from the two models. So far I love it again. It's a great car to drive, comfortable, luxiourious even in the "base" model, very roomy but not too big, and makes for a cool mom or dad kid-hauler. The vehicle handles very well for the size and has a lot of "get up and go" with the V-6 engine. Real road hwy experience: if you drive the speed limit and use cruise control, you can get into the high 20's in gas mileage!
Favorite Features
3rd row seat is amazing! Adults can sit comfortably back there, even on extended trips (most cars in this class do not allow that!). The 2nd row offers plenty of leg room and seat space for the kids and adults. The telescoping and adjustable steering wheel makes it good for all drivers. The front seats are comfortable and the area is roomy. There is plenty of storage for everything you may need from the front to the back. When the 3rd row is down there is abundant cargo space, but while up there is still plenty of space for groceries or even a stroller. Safety: air bags galore, head rests have air bags(!!) in them for rear collisions, body is built to withstand collisions. Car is awesome!!!
Suggested Improvements
There are only 2 things... there are some blind spots, and the chrome trim around some interior features causes glare in the sun. Both you get used to, but can be annoying.