2012 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great Value 5.7 Hemi
By ry207 on 05/17/14 15:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

So when I was looking at a 3 row SUV, it came down to these choices, 4 Runner, Explorer, and Durango. I'll Open with what I liked about the Durano, plenty of space and a usable 3rd row. the re-design is quality and refined. 5.7 hemi has great low end power. Uconnect was easy, and displays friendly. For the same year 4 Runner or Explorer, with similar miles and features, I saved 5K with Dodge. If there is one thing, I will have to take points away, is that the 5.7 hemi is a gas eater, but I knew that going in. For the other reviews that talked about the transmission and shifting, I can see what they are talking about, but for me it recovers quickly and should not be compared to a sports car.

Fantastic SUV, it just can't get any better
By ggms16 on 01/09/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle.. And I have owned many many cars before, this is one of the vehicles I love the most. I've always had BMW's and Mercedes (Still have) and I love german technology, I think Mercedes Benz ownership over Chrysler inherit a lot of nice features, this truck handles like a german SUV, its not short on anything, it is very comfortable, amazingly nicely equipped and very attractive, fantastic MPG. I get around 22mpg in average driving here in Orlando, FL. Don't ever think twice if you are buying one, this car is amazing. Similar cars owned before: - Chevy Tahoe 2007 - Ford Explorer V8 2007, Explorer V8 2010 - Toyota Tundra 08 - Toyota FJ Cruiser 08 - Grand Cherokee 07

Durango in Eastern Oregon Snow
By davisranch on 12/23/12 18:50 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Tried the Durango in the snow and more WOW. Took it in doughnuts and couldn't even get it to slide sideways with the 5.7L hemi. And on corners there a 4x4 would be in the curb drove like on dry road. They took Subaru's technology 6 years ago and took it 6 years newer even with Goodyear all season tires. Comparing subaru with Toyo Open county AT, sipped. I had it sideways in the same circle turning. Still in the WOW stage.

Great SUV!! You dont need a minivan guys!!!
By flash9884 on 11/29/12 20:30 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2007 Ford Explorer fully loaded, loved it except for horrid fuel mileage from a weak V-6, i found out me and my wife were expecting twins and it was time to get a vehicle with a third row. We bought our bright red Durango R/T with the 5.7 litre V-8. This SUV is big and its crazy fast!! Catchs all the looks and gets alot of compliments. Great stereo! Plenty of power passing or merging on the highway. Even smoking some young punk in his V-6 mustang or the guy next to you at the stoplight in his truck ;-) Every feature you could ask for, four heated bucket seats, and a third row that folds revealing a ton of hauling space. Get this guys, not a minivan!

DODGE DURANGO 2012
By dmcc81 on 09/14/12 11:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just rescently purchased a dodge durango 2012 about a month ago, being my 5th new vehicule from dodge, chrysler and jeep products since the last 15 years. I've always loved dodge products but this new durango really surpasses all my expectations. From performance, comfort, cargo space, looks, it's a beauty. Only a month and I love this truck more and more, only remains to try it in the snow. Great fuel economy versus the power it has and gives. So far, two thumbs up for a well built truck and hoping for many many more to come.

Love this SUV!
By headshrink on 09/13/12 11:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 10 months now and I am still loving it. It handles like a car, can take on the light offroading that I enjoy, can haul the entire car pool to school and looks great. What else can you aske for? Well, better gas mileage would be about it. Build quality has been outstanding thus far, much better than I had anticipated for a Chrysler product. Friends of mine who have bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee are wishing they had the durango because it is about the same suv but with mor cargo/seating.

My Old Sequoia Had to Go
By docsider on 09/11/12 10:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Sadly, our family traded in the old Sequoia, shedding crodile tears--the new Sequoias looked like they had a front end from a dump truck. Our 2012 AWD 5.7L Citadel is wicked cool! Fit and finsh is great, there are so many whistles and bells, I'm still finding cool things. The 5.7L Hemi is everything everyone said it is--including thirsty. I was initially a little leery about buying a Dodge, but nothing else that I looked at compared to the capacity, looks, performance and value. I used the employee discount program through my work, so there was no hassle on the purchase price. Can't wait to see how this thing drives in the snow this winter.

love this car
By dipetlover on 09/06/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 dodge durango, after much consideration. This is the 1st suv/crossover i have owned, and I love it. It is fun to drive, handles like a dream, u-turns on a dime, and has enough room for my 2 grandsons age 7 & 8, and my daughter that has 2 toddlers in car seats. I had considered the Honda Pilot, the Ford Explorer and the GMC Acadia. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

continuation of problems
By gib21043 on 08/11/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

In addition to the previous review of my power train control module failure the air conditioner is now broken as well. The A/C has a tendancy to turn off and on by itself. In addition the rear A/C would change from low cool to high heat and low fan to high fan with nobody touching the controls. When I compared with another 2012 durango on the lot and saw there was a differance the salesman that helped me explained that the A/C should turn on by itself. Even though it's been in the high 90's to 100's here the rear heater should turn on by itseld because I have it too cold back there. Meanwhile my infant is sweating back there. Videos are on-line for review.

Probably the best 3rd-rower, but could be better
By luke555 on 08/09/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all the worthy competitors before settling for the Durango. The Explorer was out quick (cramped interior/3rd row, cumbersome controls), the CX-9 lost on the kids-only 3rd row and boat looks, the Highlander on the smaller size overall, the Pilot on the dismaying interior (especially dashboard), noise, avg. reviews. I almost went for the Traverse, which has more room and sits better on the road given the much wider track, but the interior was a little coarse. The Durango won clearly on the looks (other than the rear), as well as on the better than avg. handling, power, interior. I factory-ordered an awd custom Crew with a bunch of options, black w/ black leather.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Durango Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*