Used 2012 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Junk
By summer40

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Please review recalls on this vehicle prior to purchasing. I only had Durango for year and 1/2 and happily got rid of it yesterday. Within short time 2 recalls. Alternator problems still without permanent fix. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Panel behind passenger door handle fell off. Trim around gear loose. Terrible blind spots. Against policy to offer customers rental cars when you are having recall work done. If you are considering the Durango just look up the recalls and see that there is still no resolution. Had new alternator put in and with weeks Durango is making noise and starting to vibrate.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

too many to list

Had looked, now own
By usmc1811

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very happy so far with my Durango R/T AWD. The V8 Hemi is a solid engine to have in this size vehicle. Plenty of power when you need it. I have yet to tow anything, but from the feel and performance of the V8 engine so far, towing will never be an issue. The AWD is a solid feature to have in the NW when it does snow. Be sure to buy one fully loaded if you can. Even if you think you may not need the extra goodies, you will find a need or want later.

Favorite Features

The Adaptive Cruise control is great to have on long drives/road trips. Passing power of the Hemi V8 is surprising. A slight hesitation, then BAM you are moving down the road, with speed. Navigation use is easy, voice command makes using your cell phone hands free a breeze too. Storing all your favorite music on the HD for those long road trips is something you will enjoy having.

Suggested Improvements

Removable third row seating to reduce the added weight when not needed. A radar detector should be standard equipment to prevent speeding tickets on the highway.

Great Value 5.7 Hemi
By ry207

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

So when I was looking at a 3 row SUV, it came down to these choices, 4 Runner, Explorer, and Durango. I'll Open with what I liked about the Durano, plenty of space and a usable 3rd row. the re-design is quality and refined. 5.7 hemi has great low end power. Uconnect was easy, and displays friendly. For the same year 4 Runner or Explorer, with similar miles and features, I saved 5K with Dodge. If there is one thing, I will have to take points away, is that the 5.7 hemi is a gas eater, but I knew that going in. For the other reviews that talked about the transmission and shifting, I can see what they are talking about, but for me it recovers quickly and should not be compared to a sports car.

Favorite Features

New design, Leather interior, and space.

Suggested Improvements

8 speed transmission already came out with the 2014... I'm just a little late....

Fantastic SUV, it just can't get any better
By ggms16

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle.. And I have owned many many cars before, this is one of the vehicles I love the most. I've always had BMW's and Mercedes (Still have) and I love german technology, I think Mercedes Benz ownership over Chrysler inherit a lot of nice features, this truck handles like a german SUV, its not short on anything, it is very comfortable, amazingly nicely equipped and very attractive, fantastic MPG. I get around 22mpg in average driving here in Orlando, FL. Don't ever think twice if you are buying one, this car is amazing. Similar cars owned before: - Chevy Tahoe 2007 - Ford Explorer V8 2007, Explorer V8 2010 - Toyota Tundra 08 - Toyota FJ Cruiser 08 - Grand Cherokee 07

Favorite Features

- Uconnect system - Audio System - Huge and comfortable rear seats (Even 3rd row) - Standard rearview camera and sensors - Magnificent chassis quality - Refined ride - Road noise is incredibly low - MPG - Almost everything else.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can recall right now. This suv is awesome

Durango in Eastern Oregon Snow
By davisranch

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Tried the Durango in the snow and more WOW. Took it in doughnuts and couldn't even get it to slide sideways with the 5.7L hemi. And on corners there a 4x4 would be in the curb drove like on dry road. They took Subaru's technology 6 years ago and took it 6 years newer even with Goodyear all season tires. Comparing subaru with Toyo Open county AT, sipped. I had it sideways in the same circle turning. Still in the WOW stage.