2012 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Fantastic SUV, it just can't get any better
By ggms16 on 01/09/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle.. And I have owned many many cars before, this is one of the vehicles I love the most. I've always had BMW's and Mercedes (Still have) and I love german technology, I think Mercedes Benz ownership over Chrysler inherit a lot of nice features, this truck handles like a german SUV, its not short on anything, it is very comfortable, amazingly nicely equipped and very attractive, fantastic MPG. I get around 22mpg in average driving here in Orlando, FL. Don't ever think twice if you are buying one, this car is amazing. Similar cars owned before: - Chevy Tahoe 2007 - Ford Explorer V8 2007, Explorer V8 2010 - Toyota Tundra 08 - Toyota FJ Cruiser 08 - Grand Cherokee 07

love this car
By dipetlover on 09/06/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 dodge durango, after much consideration. This is the 1st suv/crossover i have owned, and I love it. It is fun to drive, handles like a dream, u-turns on a dime, and has enough room for my 2 grandsons age 7 & 8, and my daughter that has 2 toddlers in car seats. I had considered the Honda Pilot, the Ford Explorer and the GMC Acadia. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

A Mercedes ML-350 for half the price!
By dhagge02 on 07/13/12 05:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven a Mercedes ML-350 for the past two years and when I found out that the Durango is built on the same platform (a leftover from when Daimler owned Chrysler, splitting in mid-2008), I had to test drive it. It has the same exact quality, fit and finish, road feel, and many of the same features of the ML-350. Except the price tag! The vehicle looks great, is amazingly quiet, plushly appointed - and yet manly. The optional 3rd row seat with middle row captains chairs give the interior that convenient and huge mini-van feeling - yet you're not subjected to actually driving a mini-van. I have driven so many vehicles and this is, hands-down, my favorite ever.

Great SUV all around
By bricker23 on 06/14/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After several years of driving multiple imported SUVs this is our first ever Chrysler product. After three months and 3,000+ miles this has proven to be an excellent vehicle. No problems or even minor issues to report, the build quality is excellent so are fit and finish. It feels and drives most solid and upmarket with details well thought out, all functionality in place and very surprising interior quality. After reading questionable reviews about the 5 spd transmission and slow acceleration I have no issues with either, this is a large and heavy SUV but the transmission performs well in everyday driving and the acceleration, both off the line and passing, is more than adequate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Durango in VA is:

$151 per month*