2012 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Repeat Durango Customer!
By joe90278 on 07/12/12 22:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am completely satisfied with my 2012 Dodge Durango. I got the SXT V6 model with RWD. The comfort level, design and luxurious feel of the 2012 Durango are really amazing even on this entry level SXT model. The performance from the 290hp 3.6L V6 motor is more than adequate. It hauls my family of 4 and all our gear with plenty of sure footed power. Granted it not going to have that knock your socks off power, but for those who are looking for that or those who complain the V6 is lacking…Dodge does offer the Durango in a 5.8L Hemi V8 that should do the job. Anyway, I knew what I was looking for in ride, comfort, and power. And I found it in this 2012 Dodge Durango SXT!

3.6 V6 isn't fooling anyone....
By joe_e on 06/23/12 19:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is slow. It's very, very slow. If you have a situation where you need to get into traffic, This vehicle will NOT get you there. It seems like it has to downshift 2x to get to a passing gear, then the engine will wind up to astonishing RPM's before it finally kicks up in speed. A Standing 0-60 is so unbelievably slow, I worry about merging onto the interstate. It's not fun to drive, it's terrifying. The vehicle feels very good. The drivers seat hits me a little close on the back of the legs, somehow making my feet fall asleep, but nothing a seatcover won't cure. It looks very nice, interior is set up pretty well. Stock Stereo is vile, and should be destroyed.

2nd time around
By momscar12 on 09/12/11 04:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I started out with a 2011 Express model mid-July. 1 month later I was rear ended in a collision. So, after seeing what the car did and the safety features the Durango offers, I got another one. Second time around I could only get the 2012 - there are just a few changes from the two models. So far I love it again. It's a great car to drive, comfortable, luxiourious even in the "base" model, very roomy but not too big, and makes for a cool mom or dad kid-hauler. The vehicle handles very well for the size and has a lot of "get up and go" with the V-6 engine. Real road hwy experience: if you drive the speed limit and use cruise control, you can get into the high 20's in gas mileage!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Durango in VA is:

$118 per month*