Used 2012 Dodge Durango SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Junk
By summer40

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Please review recalls on this vehicle prior to purchasing. I only had Durango for year and 1/2 and happily got rid of it yesterday. Within short time 2 recalls. Alternator problems still without permanent fix. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Panel behind passenger door handle fell off. Trim around gear loose. Terrible blind spots. Against policy to offer customers rental cars when you are having recall work done. If you are considering the Durango just look up the recalls and see that there is still no resolution. Had new alternator put in and with weeks Durango is making noise and starting to vibrate.

none

too many to list

Repeat Durango Customer!
By joe90278

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am completely satisfied with my 2012 Dodge Durango. I got the SXT V6 model with RWD. The comfort level, design and luxurious feel of the 2012 Durango are really amazing even on this entry level SXT model. The performance from the 290hp 3.6L V6 motor is more than adequate. It hauls my family of 4 and all our gear with plenty of sure footed power. Granted it not going to have that knock your socks off power, but for those who are looking for that or those who complain the V6 is lacking…Dodge does offer the Durango in a 5.8L Hemi V8 that should do the job. Anyway, I knew what I was looking for in ride, comfort, and power. And I found it in this 2012 Dodge Durango SXT!

It’s hard to pick out only one or a few things I like about the Durango. I truly am happy with everything about the car. The biggest credit I can give it; is it’s comfortable drive and the inspired sense of confidence and safety I feel when driving it.

Would be nice to have a manual height adjustment on the drivers seat. My wife who is 5' 2" complains that she sits too low.

3.6 V6 isn't fooling anyone....
By joe_e

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is slow. It's very, very slow. If you have a situation where you need to get into traffic, This vehicle will NOT get you there. It seems like it has to downshift 2x to get to a passing gear, then the engine will wind up to astonishing RPM's before it finally kicks up in speed. A Standing 0-60 is so unbelievably slow, I worry about merging onto the interstate. It's not fun to drive, it's terrifying. The vehicle feels very good. The drivers seat hits me a little close on the back of the legs, somehow making my feet fall asleep, but nothing a seatcover won't cure. It looks very nice, interior is set up pretty well. Stock Stereo is vile, and should be destroyed.

Space. Nice Space. Door jambs are accent-lit which is snazzy.

Eliminate the V6, or figure out how to invent some low-end torque. A Car needs to be able to get going, and this vehicle just CANNOT do it the way it is. Give the driver's seat some lumbar, or lowering or something.

2nd time around
By momscar12

2012 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I started out with a 2011 Express model mid-July. 1 month later I was rear ended in a collision. So, after seeing what the car did and the safety features the Durango offers, I got another one. Second time around I could only get the 2012 - there are just a few changes from the two models. So far I love it again. It's a great car to drive, comfortable, luxiourious even in the "base" model, very roomy but not too big, and makes for a cool mom or dad kid-hauler. The vehicle handles very well for the size and has a lot of "get up and go" with the V-6 engine. Real road hwy experience: if you drive the speed limit and use cruise control, you can get into the high 20's in gas mileage!

3rd row seat is amazing! Adults can sit comfortably back there, even on extended trips (most cars in this class do not allow that!). The 2nd row offers plenty of leg room and seat space for the kids and adults. The telescoping and adjustable steering wheel makes it good for all drivers. The front seats are comfortable and the area is roomy. There is plenty of storage for everything you may need from the front to the back. When the 3rd row is down there is abundant cargo space, but while up there is still plenty of space for groceries or even a stroller. Safety: air bags galore, head rests have air bags(!!) in them for rear collisions, body is built to withstand collisions. Car is awesome!!!

There are only 2 things... there are some blind spots, and the chrome trim around some interior features causes glare in the sun. Both you get used to, but can be annoying.